ENDED Leaving the Hobby Sale

Trader history (0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SS in Green

Cadet
I have had a life changing event to where I have to leave the hobby of Civil War Reenacting for awhile. So I will be selling ALL my gear in the next few days. So keep a look out!

1.- SA Blouse- Size 46- It's all sewn by hand! Made from a Wambaugh, White, and Company Kit. Worn only for a couple of event. Has 4 original buttons purchased from The Horse Soldier. This was my first sewing job. It's not the best that you'll see out there but I think I did a good job for it being my first. Asking $155 - shipping included

2.-SA Trousers- Size 39 waist inseam 28 with about an inch of fabric hemmed- These USSS Trousers with split cuffs were made by Dan Wambaugh using the FHW Dark Green Kersey that you would hardly find out there today. You know Dan's work as it speaks for itself.Also comes with poor boys suspenders. Asking $145- shipping included

3.- USSS McDowell Cap- Size 7- Bought from Dirty Billy's not even a year ago. Again you know the kind of workmanship from this shop. It's in great shape and a great cap. Asking $85 - shipping included

4.- USSS Sgt. Chevrons- Made by Brian White and used for one event. Styled after the Private Purchased style. Made from FHW Dark Green Kersey with a backing of Dark Blue Kersey. These are made to wear on a blouse. Asking $30 - shipping included

5.-Confederate Kepi- Bought from The Regimental Quartermaster last year from their Campaigners Corner. Made from a light tan jeanwool with dark russet leather bill and has original buttons on the chinstrap I believe. I believe it may be a Greg Starbuck or Dirty Billy's cap. Asking $50- shipping included SOLD

6.-Tin Smoothside Canteen with pewter spout- Bought from S & S Sutler this year used twice. Has Duvall leather strap and brown jeanwool cover. Asking $65 - shipping included SOLD

7.-Canteen half skillet- Has forged handle riveted on by nail to canteen half. Bought from S&S Sutler this year used twice. Asking $25- shipping includedSOLD

8.-FHW Emergency Blanket- Bought from S&S Sutler this year. Used three times. Asking $130- shipping includedSOLD

9.- Suspenders-Bought from S&S Sutler this year, they are of a period correct style. Asking $25- shipping included

10.-2 H.S. McComb Shelter Halves- Made by Brian White- Used twice. Has hemp guy ropes and tent loops. His work speaks for itself. Asking $90 per half or both halves for $165- shipping included in the price BOTH HALVES SOLD

11.-Hand Knit Socks- Four bought from the Wool Sock Bully Buy last year. These were all worn a few times and they have no holes. One was bought from the Regimental Quartermaster and has some holes. The Bully Buy Socks are going for $17 a pair ALL BULLY BUY SOCKS ARE SOLD and the RQ Socks are $10- shipping lncluded

12.-Confederate Haversack- Made by myself. Completely handsewn using black cotton thread. The main bag is from a cotton ticking with a sewn on muslin inner bag. Has cotton webbing sling and also has a one pewter button closure. Tried to style it after the Sgt. Bayley Haversack. Brand New and never used. Asking $35- shipping included

A overall picture is below. If you want (a) picture(s) of any specific item please email me at [email protected] I can only accept USPS Money Orders at this time. Thanks for your interest.

S5300250.jpg

Dear SS in Green;

I certainly hope the 'life changing' issue is not life threatening :frown:

I regret to see you having to sell off your things and understand it must be done.

Thank you for your past re-enacting services sir. Much appreciated sir.

My prayers are with you.

Respectfully submitted,
M. E. Wolf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back