Latest things I picked up in an antique mall last weekend

Has the feeling returned to you hind side yet?
I'm up to about 85.5%, I'll be hitting the road again in a couple of weeks to visit my daughter and grandson; but as my wife's travel distance between stops is about 150 miles, I should be OK. Thanks for asking. :dance:

Some very interesting pickups. I hate it when dealers break up a collection by saying these other things are worth more, no interest in the little things in a collection, when it is the whole group which really the most value. He should sell on ebay where many break up a grouping to get the most out of it. I see it all the time with WWI, WWII, Korean War and Vietnam groupings. I still like the items you picked up though.

Nice items. I miss going to the antique stores. Maybe by next year if it gets better.

They are open here but you have to be fully masked and they have hand sanitizer at the entrances or at the cash register. They also have full sneeze guards at the registers too, and only X number of people in the shops at any one time. As I tend to go during the week or off hours, that hasn't been a problem for me.

Gosh, I do miss going antiquing! There was only one shop open when we went up North. The “mall” which is really just a set of store fronts was not open. Not in the summer, nor in the Fall. I hope they make it. She had some nice stuff!

The huge antique mall in Bay City Michigan is open and so is the antique mall in Midland The antique mall in north Lansing is open as are the antique stores in Williamston and Mason.

The antique mall in downtown Bay City is a must.

Pick up truck!

Years ago my wife would point out that we nothing we needed to do on a Saturday so we should eat breakfast and do some antique shopping and stop at any yard sale along the way. The plan was we would spend the entire day out and eat on the way home.

When she said "Perhaps we should take your truck" I knew I was in trouble. My aching back still remembers those days.

Thanks for sharing this awesome article and travels of looking for relics of civil war history’s mysteries.

I really don't go out shopping all that much - really. But I have these days when something tells me to go and usually I listen to that and that's when I find this stuff.

I really don't go out shopping all that much - really. But I have these days when something tells me to go and usually I listen to that and that's when I find this stuff.

My wife has them same feelings ! Sometimes we go ((always take the truck) and she buys thing s that we didn’t have and I ask ‘Where are we going to store it’.

I have made a rule that I follow 98% of the time that if something comes in, something has to go (except for Civil War stuff or horse stuff of course :rolleyes:). I will not live in clutter so things either get sold or circulated to make room for better.

But I take my truck and my husband will ask why, and I'll say to get something wonderful and when we do, he'll ask, "how did you know "it" was going to be there?" I don't know, just a feeling!

Back