Late 1800's photo of an unidentified general in his office I just acquired

chubachus

First Sergeant
oZfsb5Q.jpg

Photo I just bought. Does anyone recognize him or his typewriter? Maybe early 1900's?

Attachments

• oZfsb5Q.jpg
    oZfsb5Q.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 118
The look of that missing arm made me think it was. Only general who I know to have lost an arm, and remained a general after the war. Too bad no one showed him how to use a razor. Should have belonged to Dollar Shave Club.

upload_2016-9-14_16-53-39.jpeg

Wait a second.... Maybe it's some other white-bearded one armed man. He probably snuck into Howard's office and put his uniform on.
Nice bookshelf, BTW.

My mother was definitely a two-fingered typist! Fortunately I learned to touch type at an early age (asdf;lkjqwerty). Of course in our modern age of the computer, trying to type on a typewriter is torture! I don't think my grandchildren even know what a typewriter is!

The look of that missing arm made me think it was. Only general who I know to have lost an arm, and remained a general after the war. Too bad no one showed him how to use a razor. Should have belonged to Dollar Shave Club.
I shave with a straight razor, and I can assure you that I'd grow a beard to if I had to use my left hand.

Back