Restricted Largest Confederate Monument In The South Is Coming Down

JerryD

Private
Tourists that go on a tour of the capital building you have a tour explaining the history and importance of each person-statue in the building.
I was actually talking about the statutes in the parks and traffic circles in DC. We have a major park located in a prime space in DC known as Farragut Square, and none of my friends or family have the slightest idea of who Farragut is. As for the statutes in the Capitol Building, if you have ever taken a tour you know that there is over a hundred statues in the Capitol. Each State gets at least two. So when you take a tour they only highlight a few and they tend to focus on more obscure people, and avoid Confederates. In fact, as you may already know, some states are already takin out statutes of Confederate leaders.

Viper21

Brigadier General
Silver Patron
I was actually talking about the statutes in the parks and traffic circles in DC. We have a major park located in a prime space in DC known as Farragut Square, and none of my friends or family have the slightest idea of who Farragut is. As for the statutes in the Capitol Building, if you have ever taken a tour you know that there is over a hundred statues in the Capitol. Each State gets at least two. So when you take a tour they only highlight a few and they tend to focus on more obscure people, and avoid Confederates. In fact, as you may already know, some states are already takin out statutes of Confederate leaders.
With just a quick glance...

Mississippi: Jefferson Davis & James George, both Confederates.

North Carolina: Zebulon Vance - Confederate

South Carolina: John Calhoun & Wade Hampton III

Yes, Alabama & Virginia have removed their Confederates. I'd be willing to bet that most people who applauded such action, never even knew those statues existed. Robert E Lee being replaced by, Barbara Johns..?! laughable. The overwhelming majority of folks, even folks who applaud Lee's removal, don't know who she is, & had to google her name. She's supposed to represent Virginia & her 400+ year history..? Gimmie a break.... I wonder how long until Virginia's statue of George Washington is removed..? 🤮