Lang’s Florida Brigade Versus the 1st Massachusetts and 26th Pennsylvania

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

infomanpa

Sergeant Major
Thanks for the kind words. I still plan to have the maps published, but the project is still a work in progress. Input from members on this site, along with additional primary sources, have led to some adjustments when a compelling case is made, or clear evidence surfaces. No one will ever be able to claim a definitive interpretation of the battle, but my goal is gather as many primary sources as possible to achieve a more accurate analysis, while introducing realistic strength and attrition calculations for individual units, and then coordinating the timing of the unfolding battle. A brief accompanying text will help explain the conclusions reached, so future students of the battle can amend the map interpretations as new information comes to light.
I believe that one of the last remaining and unique contributions that can be made regarding this battle is a timeline. Many have said that it cannot be done with any accuracy, but you seem to be using methods that no one has tried. Keep up the good work!

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!