LAND HO!

Was Ambrose Bierce's fate a re-living of one of his tales?

• Yes

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Yes

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Thank you Webmaster Mike for your quick response last night (yesterday morning). Greetings all, I am Lubliner for specific reasons you may probably guess, correctly. I have lurked as a nonmember guest, off and on for some time, spent most enjoyably with The Naval War Forum. There is where I shall return most likely. Of course a port does call every so often for picture viewing and chance meetings, but mainly for review. Adding anything of noteworthy importance, such as being in full agreement with Rules of Etiquette, etc. are usually already added. But....
I came across a question by a member that had not been answered adequately, and though given a full complement of opportunity, it remained idle until I deemed it was stalled. So I have joined to throw a line to my drifting companion, which will come in due time. I need to recheck some bona fides making sure the rope is not too weak. It is a pleasure, generally.
My inspiration and cause centers upon the formal language of military affairs within reports and correspondence, and the Political aspect of proper language usage. I may say very certainly my heroes are Ambrose Bierce, for his sheer magnificence in capturing the moment of escape; Abraham Lincoln for his exactitude with an immense vocabulary, not to speak lastly on his comical expressions of humor; and Jefferson Davis for his extolling Virtue and Gospel message in many of his published reports to the people.
Though banter is enjoyable to me, it is a fleeting pleasure of verbal maneuvers, which I prefer to listen in on and not get tangled up in, without cause. I notice many astute and agreeable members in The Naval War Forum, as well as a few 'famous' entities. This gives me cause for deliberation, being an amateur historian and short story writer, and essayist. Other than that, I truly am nothing. I accept this attitude as a blessing and feel compelled to share it with the attentive. Thank you all;
Lubliner.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)
Greetings from Germany and welcome aboard! :smile:

Interesting voting choices. :giggle:
Yes, I must admit the error on interpreting the set-up was mine, but passed the 'Error Function', which I first created with 'Yea/Nay' as one option. Sort of like '...heads I win, tails you lose...', the humor of it went south when I considered it was not changeable. I found a way by allowing two votes per participant, hoping to soothe the chagrin of the keepers, and making it fair. Also to make my heroes evenly placed both North and South, allow me to admit Joe Shelby as another southron artist of archaic language that swirls and dips and curls the words in his reports into flowers.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)