Ladies--Right from the Front--Resaca--Latest War Fashion

There's a reason I'm line infantry...just saying.
I was talking to the medical group at the reenactment I went to this weekend. I'm going to try out a couple events with them. I can wear a plain dress or uniform pants, they don't care. They have some clothes I can borrow to start out. I wouldn't mind wearing a plain nurse dress. We'll see how it goes.

Mrs. V

2nd Lieutenant
I was talking to the medical group at the reenactment I went to this weekend. I'm going to try out a couple events with them. I can wear a plain dress or uniform pants, they don't care. They have some clothes I can borrow to start out. I wouldn't mind wearing a plain nurse dress. We'll see how it goes.
Get yourself a nice camp dress and a petticoat that has the rope in it..or just a few petticoats for that matter!

Yankee Brooke

First Sergeant
Forum Host
Honestly I'd be tempted to just go pants and vest for a medical impression. I have a civilian vest and butternut pants that I might pull double duty with as a civilian at certain places. A good beat up slouch hat with that get up, the line between "Confederate soldier" and "farmer coming in from chores" is blurry to non-existant. And if somebody notices I'm wearing Richmond depot pants? Well I served in the ANV and was mustered out after my enlistment expired, and wasn't about to let a perfectly good pair of pants go to waist!

It's cheaper and I don't have to worry about the torture device known as a corset....

Honestly I'd be tempted to just go pants and vest for a medical impression. I have a civilian vest and butternut pants that I might pull double duty with as a civilian at certain places. A good beat up slouch hat with that get up, the line between "Confederate soldier" and "farmer coming in from chores" is blurry to non-existant. And if somebody notices I'm wearing Richmond depot pants? Well I served in the ANV and was mustered out after my enlistment expired, and wasn't about to let a perfectly good pair of pants go to waist!

It's cheaper and I don't have to worry about the torture device known as a corset....
Thanks, they said they had clothes I could borrow for this year. I'm doing just two events to try it out. Did nurses wear a corset? That's a deal breaker and I'd go with pants.