Miniatures Kurt G's Union Torpedo Boat Build

Kurt G

2nd Lieutenant
And now for something completely different...
This is the Cottage Industries kit of a Union Torpedo Boat . This company makes a series of ironclads in 1/96 scale . This is a smaller kit (10" hull versus 22" hull for the Monitor ) so I thought I'd try this one to see if I would be up to doing any of the other kits . Resin hull , resin and white metal fittings , some scratch building . I've started the construction and will post pictures when completed .

IMG_3024.JPG

And now for something completely different...
This is the Cottage Industries kit of a Union Torpedo Boat . This company makes a series of ironclads in 1/96 scale . This is a smaller kit (10" hull versus 22" hull for the Monitor ) so I thought I'd try this one to see if I would be up to doing any of the other kits . Resin hull , resin and white metal fittings , some scratch building . I've started the construction and will post pictures when completed .
Once completed will you be painting her? if so, with your painting skills , a step by step guide would be amazing.

Once completed will you be painting her? if so, with your painting skills , a step by step guide would be amazing.
I will be painting it based on the box art . I don't think my camera is up to close ups , but I can explain the process when completed . I have a couple of better cameras but I can't download pictures to this site because it says the files are too big .

I agree with r. britt,
We would enjoy and appreciate a separate post on any part of the build or painting that you could supply us with. I'm sure your building skills are just as good as your painting abilities.

I agree with r. britt,
We would enjoy and appreciate a separate post on any part of the build or painting that you could supply us with. I'm sure your building skills are just as good as your painting abilities.
I'm already at the painting stage , but if I purchase another Cottage Industries model I'll do a step by step separate post .

I will be painting it based on the box art . I don't think my camera is up to close ups , but I can explain the process when completed . I have a couple of better cameras but I can't download pictures to this site because it says the files are too big .
Do you not know how to resize your digital photos? It's easy - wherever you have them stored, whether in your camera, on a drive (like I have mine), or your PC, before posting them view them on the computer and select EDIT; your computer's editing program will open showing the picture; at top left is a choice called Resize; click on it and a window will open allowing you to select what percentage (%) size you want; experiment with that and find a size that's approximately the same as your computer screen. If you want to keep the original size photo, SAVE the resized one to use for posting; if after posting you don't want to keep it, simply delete it.

Back