GRAPHIC 'Killed at Fort Mahone'

Patton's was worse in some ways since it was a needless car accident and not an act of war.

I remember a line in the movie Patton saying something like the only honorable way for a General to die was by the last bullet in the last battle of the last war.

I think if Patton had survived into the post war years he would have been miserable. Not the best way to go though, but at least he got to be buried near his men.
I would be fine with dying in a car crash, instantaneously - However, the way he had to go was just brutal. Paralyzed from the neck down after being the only one to be injured. Life is ****ed up man.

I would be fine with dying in a car crash, instantaneously - However, the way he had to go was just brutal. Paralyzed from the neck down after being the only one to be injured. Life is ****ed up man.

Agreed. I think he probably did not have much interest in living that way and was fine with just dying and getting it over. I have to compare his accident to the injuries that Christopher Reeve had with his horse accident. He lived for nine years under much more advanced medical options than existed in 1945. I think Patton would have been miserable, just can't see him a the crusader for spinal cord research that Reeve was.

there was a query of an alleged Federal Dead at Bull Run aka Federals killed at Matthews hill photo. However see Frassanito's "Grant and Lee The Virginia Campaigns" where there is serious doubt that the men in it are dead...

there was a query of an alleged Federal Dead at Bull Run aka Federals killed at Matthews hill photo. However see Frassanito's "Grant and Lee The Virginia Campaigns" where there is serious doubt that the men in it are dead...

There was a recent thread about that here. Speculation is that the soldiers are posing for the camera.

Back