Kicking an idea around for a new trivia bonus, what do you think?

CivilWarTalk

Lieutenant General
- ★★★ -
Managing Member & Webmaster
I'm proposing a new trivia bonus, if you write a book review for CivilWarTalk, I'll give you two bonus points, limit two bonus points per game. Does that sound fair?

Hi Mike
happy.gif

Well it sounds good for those who have books on the Civil War and I imagine most of the ones here do but I live in Canada in a small town and I just don't have access to these books. It's the same with the Trivia. Yesterdays (Sunday,June4th)question seems to be one you found in a book since I searched ALL day on the net to find the answer and never once found a single thing. It's nice that you can take the questions from the books but then I don't have a prayer to answer those questions and neither do those who don't have books. But this is your Trivia. May I ask what percentage of the questions will be from your books please?
About the Book Revue bonus, can we do it on any Civil War book we wish? I just hope I can find one lol.
Lorrie

Shoot, Lorrie, you're outscoring all the rest of us already. I hate to think what you'd do to us if you had more resources available to you.
happy.gif

Any Civil War book is acceptable for review. Just pick one that hasn't been taken yet.

I saw we already got one review, I'll have to read through it and see what it's about. So the only taken title so far is: "Jefferson Davis, American".

Lorrie, I wouldn't get concerned, about 3/4 of my questions come from books, but as you've probably noticed, about 98% of the answers are available on the internet, you just have to search for them.

If I limited myself to questions with answers that can only be found on the internet, then everyone would have a perfect score. I have to mix the questions up a little, and throw some hard ones in occasionally for good measure
happy.gif
It is a test of knowledge, not just your searching skills on the internet.

I hope you understand.
happy.gif
Forgive me if I'm being a pain!

Well Mike I am new to the Civil War and I do have to rely on the internet and what I have learned in that short time and friends of course. As you saw yesterday that answer just wasn't on the internet. I am just wondering how many won't be this time around.
Are you saying that no two people can choose the same book to review? Will you be posting what books are taken so we can see what is taken?
Thanks George
happy.gif
) Well most was on the internet and as I said a couple of friends helped too when I got stuck. I have learned a whole lot though with all the searching
happy.gif

Lorrie

I guess this topic slipped through my sights...

Lorrie, I don't promote answer sharing (some people might call that cheating), but if you don't know an answer to a trivia question, you should ask someone who does know the answer. I wouldn't suggest sharing answers with everyone everyday, that would defeat the purpose of playing, and might irritate some people.

Part II of your question: no, I guess since you put it that way, if two or more people want to do a review on the same book, that's really not a problem.

Back to Everyone:

So are we up for this bonus or what? I'll be accepting book review entries between now and July 14th, the earlier you get them to me, the better.

Thanks Mike
happy.gif
At this time I have only two books. One is on Trivia and the other has a few stories in it. I do think it is a good idea though. How long do you want the review to be?

Back