Kentucky/Ohio metal detecting permission

New to the forum and the area! I recently moved from the west coast and would really love to find some Civil War artifacts or just generally older sites to gain permission to detect. Anybody in Eastern Kentucky that has any ideas or leads to point me in the right direction please leave a comment!

I know my area isn’t loaded with a ton of locations but I’m sure somebody has something for me!

Thank you
God Bless

Welcome From THE Heart Of Dixie. We have a few members that relic hunt up in that neck of the woods, but coming off of a relic site is a TALL order. paging @Ethan S.

New to the forum and the area! I recently moved from the west coast and would really love to find some Civil War artifacts or just generally older sites to gain permission to detect. Anybody in Eastern Kentucky that has any ideas or leads to point me in the right direction please leave a comment!

I know my area isn’t loaded with a ton of locations but I’m sure somebody has something for me!

Thank you
God Bless
Eastern KY? Good luck with that. I just moved back to Missouri from east central TN. You'll have to locate private property sites and get land owner permission those Hillers will have to like and accept you. That said maybe Pike County would be a good place to start had some camps in that area. Good luck

Hmm... competition! lol, welcome to the forum.

Where exactly in Eastern Kentucky do you live? I know of a ton of spots, but I haven't even been to one of them yet, so all relics would be there in theory.

Back