Just Tickled to be Here

madisonman

Private
This looks like a great place to share and learn! I grew up in Madison County, NC (home of the "Shelton Laurel massacre"), and have been digging deep into that story for a long time. Its amazing how many different stories are out there. Some can be verified and documented - most cannot. We'll never know the full truth of that event, but I'm always looking for new information.

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!
This looks like a great place to share and learn! I grew up in Madison County, NC (home of the "Shelton Laurel massacre"), and have been digging deep into that story for a long time. Its amazing how many different stories are out there. Some can be verified and documented - most cannot. We'll never know the full truth of that event, but I'm always looking for new information.
Welcome aboard from the Railroads and Steam Locomotives forum. Glad to have you join us.

Welcome. A number of my Confederate ancestors / relatives were from the western NC mountain counties, (Wilkes, Alexander, & Caldwell). The war in the "upper south", (east Tennessee, western NC. eastern Kentucky, and s.w.Virginia) was certainly a nasty business.

ucvrelics

Captain
Forum Host
Welcome From THE Heart Of Dixie. Be sure to stop by the Vicksburg, Weapons & Ammo and the Uniforms & Relics forums.

Northern Light

Lt. Colonel
Forum Host
Welcome from Canada and from the Ladies Tea Forum. Stop in and share a cup with us.:smile coffee:

Ole Miss

2nd Lieutenant
Forum Host
Silver Patron
Welcome from the Shiloh/Pittsburg Landing Forum and North Mississippi! Be sure and visit the Forum soon.
Regards
David

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!