Just starting

I am just getting started to learn about the cw, thought I knew a lot but have found out I knew hardly anything, but willing to learn.I am from Michigan, around Dearborn, but I have family in Tenn. Go down south 4-5 times a year and most of the time I get to vist a battlegound or two. I guess thats why at work they call me rebwannabe.

Butch

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

samgrant

Captain
Retired Moderator
Bgl, If you are just now starting to learn about the CW, you've come to a good place. We have here a wide variety of members with various interests and views, with novices to experts on a most any topic you might imagine.

There are many CW (WBTS) sites, but I've found this one to be the one with the most friendly, if not the most knowledgeable of participants.

Welcome. Hope to see your posts!

I say welcome also....

this board has proved to be full of friendly and knowledgable folks, and often the two qualities don't mix on WBTS sites....

Miss Markie said:
this board has proved to be full of friendly and knowledgable folks, and often the two qualities don't mix on WBTS sites....
That is because this is the "Civil War Talk" forum and everyone is civil. (at times)
:jawdrop: Rick

larry_cockerham

Southern Gentleman, Lest We Forget, 2011
Honored Fallen Comrade
Sam, are you suggesting I'm not the most knowledgeable? Took you long enough to figure that one out! Welcome, friend to our midst. Much helpful knowledge and a little blarney pass through these posts on a regular basis. Please enjoy.

Butch,

You might consider going to the reenactment at the Henry Ford Museum/Greenfield village in May. There are several good reenacting Units attending and you should be able to learn a fair deal about the war from them.

Enjoy!

Welcome aboard! We are a very friendly and knowledgable group. I'm sure you'll learn much here about the Civil War.

gary

Captain
Rebwannabe isn't the right term. Post-war Unreconstructed Galvanized Corn-fed is more accurate. Welcome to the board!

Have you gone to the State museuem in Tennessee, they have a whole section dedicated on the Civil War. I spent a day there.

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!