Journal of the Company of Military Historians Spring 2014

Craig L Barry

Sergeant Major
There is an article in the Spring 2014 Journal of the Company of Military Historians concerning Civil War infantry arms from Europe based on the research in Suppliers to the Confederacy: British Arms & Accoutrements. It corrects and clarifies previous research from an article published last year. Check it out if it is in your area of interest. Being a member of the Company of Military Historians is well worth the small amount of the subscription.

Although this is shameless promotion let me add this. Having attended several of the society's conventions I will say not only did I meet experts in the filed of military weapons, uniforms,flags and what ever, but some of the kindest people one could hope to meet.

Although this is shameless promotion let me add this. Having attended several of the society's conventions I will say not only did I meet experts in the filed of military weapons, uniforms,flags and what ever, but some of the kindest people one could hope to meet.

Right on most counts, but there is no benefit to me one way or the other. However, if mentioning an article in an area of common interest gets a few more of the military history lovers here to read the Journal and support the Company of Military Historians, that's the real point. Besides subscribing, presumably some will then take the time to submit research of the quality necessary to have it published there. If you get an article published in the Journal, you should consider it a major accomplishment. Any dum-dum can write and publish a book, living proof here.

How recently have you submitted research for publication in the Journal of the Company of Military Historians? If you have done so, I probably enjoyed reading it but there's no way to know because you don't sign or identify yourself in your posts.

Last edited:
Craig yes I have had an article published in the Journal. I have another article ready to go, well mostly ready to go, but am waiting for the artist to complete some uniform illustrations. I am thinking of contributing a uniform plate, the artist I am using is new and I have to wait and see the views of the publishing committee on his uniform art work in my article.

Excellent, I will watch for it. The uniforms especially when there are illustrations are always a highlight. One of the things the Journal does probably better than any other publication.

Back