Chamberlain Joshua Chamberlain Museum

TheThirdDay

Private
I was wondering if anyone has been to the Chamberlain Museum in Maine. Since re-locating to New Hampshire from Gettysburg (****) I’m looking for things CW-related up here.

My father, a Baptist minister, became a disciple of J L Chamberlain after watching him 'numerous' times in the movie Gettysburg. One of his vacations (from Missouri, mind you) was a drive to Maine to visit the museum. He said it was a great museum, but honestly I think he was just a tad biased.

While I admire General Chamberlain, after hearing about nothing but for a few years, I finally told my dad he needed to watch "Dumb and Dumber" and put Jeff Daniels' wonderful performance - in proper perspective.

When we talk about Gettysburg now, we get out the DVD, turn up the surround sound, jack up the woofer, and watch the July 3rd cannonade. That's proper perspective :whistling:

My father, a Baptist minister, became a disciple of J L Chamberlain after watching him 'numerous' times in the movie Gettysburg. One of his vacations (from Missouri, mind you) was a drive to Maine to visit the museum. He said it was a great museum, but honestly I think he was just a tad biased.

While I admire General Chamberlain, after hearing about nothing but for a few years, I finally told my dad he needed to watch "Dumb and Dumber" and put Jeff Daniels' wonderful performance - in proper perspective.

When we talk about Gettysburg now, we get out the DVD, turn up the surround sound, jack up the woofer, and watch the July 3rd cannonade. That's proper perspective :whistling:
When I lived in Gettysburg several local re-enactors told me that those “third day” filming days were the best of their lives.

Back