Silver Patron
Regtl. Staff Chickamauga 2018
1612229065723.png
CivilWarTalk Presents:
John V. Quarstein
In A Live Video Presentation
Ironclads Strike: The Charleston Squadron
Wednesday, February 17, 2021, at 8:30pm EST​

John V. Quarstein is an award-winning historian, preservationist, and author. He is director emeritus of the USS Monitor Center at The Mariners’ Museum and Park in Newport News, Virginia and the author of 19 books, including A History of Ironclads: The Power of Iron Over Wood. His book, The Monitor Boys: The Crew of the Union’s First Ironclad, won the 2012 Henry Adams Prize for excellence in historical literature. Quarstein has produced, narrated, and written six PBS documentaries, including the Silver Telly Award series, “The Civil War in Hampton Roads.” He is the recipient of the 1996 President’s Award from the National Trust for Historic Preservation. Quarstein lives in the National Register of Historic Places property, the 1757 Herbert House. This outstanding example of brick Georgian architecture is located near Blackbeard’s Point on the Hampton River in Hampton, Virginia. The topic of Mr. Quarstein’s presentation of February 17, 2021 will be Ironclads Strike: The Charleston Squadron.

Register Today!

Seating is limited! You don't need to be a CivilWarTalk member to attend the presentation.

Don't forget to mark the date on your calendar!

Last edited:
It's time to get registered for Wednesday's presentation with John V. Quarstein! Don't delay. Seating is limited. Reserve your spot today. REGISTER

Coolness....my first one...very much looking forward to this.

I've always loved these informal, history lectures / presentations....reminds me of an informal and relaxed college course (participated before at other venues, first time here)...this will be fun

Hey everybody.....It's not too late.
Just about an hour left to get registered and join us at 8:30pm EST.
REGISTER

Back