CWT Presents Jeffrey Wm Hunt - Meade and Lee at Rappahannock Station: The Army of the Potomac’s First Post-Gettysburg Offensive, From Kelly’s Ford to the Rapidan,

Added to Calendar: 03/24/21

lelliott19

Brigadier General
* OFFICIAL *
CWT PRESENTER
Forum Host
Silver Patron
Regtl. Staff Chickamauga 2018
1615521536745.png

Wednesday, March 24, 2021, at 8:30pm EST
CivilWarTalk Presents:
Jeffrey Wm Hunt
author of
Meade and Lee at Rappahannock Station:
The Army of the Potomac’s First Post-Gettysburg Offensive,
from Kelly’s Ford to the Rapidan, October 21 to November 20, 1863
In A Free Live Video Presentation

Contrary to popular belief, the Eastern Theater during the late summer and fall of 1863 was anything but inconsequential. Generals George Meade and Robert E. Lee continued where they had left off, boldly maneuvering the chess pieces of war to gain a decisive strategic and tactical advantage. Cavalry actions and pitched battles made it clear to anyone paying attention that the war in Virginia was a long way from having been decided at Gettysburg. This period of the war was the first and only time Meade exercised control of the Army of the Potomac on his own terms, but historians and students alike have all but ignored it. Jeffrey Wm Hunt brilliantly rectifies this oversight in the third installment of his award-winning Meade and Lee series, Meade and Lee at Rappahannock Station: The Army of the Potomac’s First Post-Gettysburg Offensive, from Kelly’s Ford to the Rapidan, October 21 to November 20, 1863.

1616431131367.png
Buy this Great Book at

Savas Beatie Today!

Jeffrey William Hunt is Director of the Texas Military Forces Museum, the official museum of the Texas National Guard in Austin, Texas and an adjunct professor of History at Austin Community College, where he has taught since 1988. He had also served for many years as the Curator of Collections and Director of the Living History Program at the Admiral Nimitz National Museum of the Pacific War in Fredericksburg, Texas. Jeff holds a Bachelors Degree in Government and a Masters Degree in History, both from the University of Texas at Austin. He is the author of several books on the Civil War, including the critically acclaimed and award-winning Meade and Lee After Gettysburg: The Forgotten Final Stage of the Gettysburg Campaign, from Falling Waters to Culpeper Court House, July 14-31, 1863 as well as Meade and Lee at Bristoe Station: The Problems of Command and Strategy after Gettysburg, from Brandy Station to the Buckland Races, August 1 to October 31, 1863.

REGISTER to reserve your seat
Seating is limited! You don't need to be a CivilWarTalk member to attend.
Don't forget to mark the date on your calendar!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's time to get registered for CivilWarTalk Presents! Our guest this week will be Jeffrey Wm Hunt on his latest book, the third installment in his award-winning Meade and Lee post-Gettysburg series: "Meade and Lee at Rappahannock Station: The Army of the Potomac's First Post-Gettysburg Offensive, from Kelly's Ford to the Rapidan, October 21 to November 20, 1863."

REGISTER to reserve your seat.

I have found all of the presentations by Savas Beatie authors to be highly informative and I look forward to this one.

I was recently browsing the Savas Beatie website and I saw that a book entitled Books on The American Civil War - A Critical Bibliography by Walter Westcote, Daniel Welch, and Theodore Savas is scheduled to be released soon. I can't speak for other CWT members, but I often find myself spending an inordinate amount of time on websites such as Amazon trying to find just the right book on a particular Civil War topic I am interested in learning about. I would think that a book such as this would serve as an invaluable resource in helping readers pinpoint the book(s) they are looking for.

I throw this out because I think this book might be an interesting subject for a future presentation on CWT.

Last call! You guys get registered and plan to attend the fantastic presentation tonight by Jeffrey Wm Hunt on his latest book, Meade and Lee at Rappahannock Station: The Army of the Potomac's First Post-Gettysburg Offensive, from Kelly's Ford to the Rapidan, October 21 to November 20, 1863.

REGISTER NOW

Excellent presentation!!! Like I said in a previous post, this book is next on my " to read" list. I am researching the 5th Louisiana and Rappahannock Station was devastating to the unit with well over 100 captured here. This book will help answer alot of questions I believe. Great job Jeffrey!!!

Back