Jefferson Davis Fathered Métis Children?

ErnieMac

Brigadier General
Forum Host
Silver Patron
Based on your location I'll bet you're familiar with Braddock's Defeat. Many British scalps that day. :wink:
Braddock's Field is about 10 miles from my home, Braddock's Grave is about 60 miles southeast. I've been to both. The land on which the Battle of the Monongahela was fought is now covered by the town of Braddock.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)
Braddock's Field is about 10 miles from my home, Braddock's Grave is about 60 miles southeast. I've been to both. The land on which the Battle of the Monongahela was fought is now covered by the town of Braddock.
Visiting your area and the sites you mentioned is on my bucket list! :smile:

Last edited:
The vast majority of that area was French speaking Metis or "Mixed" people who referred to themselves as Creole, mostly loyal to Quebec. Some of the "White" (Only Americans were called "White") soldiers from the War of 1812 took native wives and stayed, one of my children's ancestors on their mother side was a U.S. soldier from Kentucky during the War of 1812, he stayed and married a girl with native blood. I'll share his photo, and story of a deer hunting trip he went on with Jefferson Davis while Davis was at Fort Howard. (Green Bay) I'm quite confident the records are true, but I'll keep digging for more info. Not sure any DNA could be matched based on Davis' few admitted offspring.
My 4th Great Grandfather (Dominique Brunette Sr.) is the one who saved Jefferson Davis out of the Devil River (now named the East River in Green Bay, Wisconsin) They were hunting out of a canoe and Mr. Davis tipped the canoe and was drowning and Dominique saved him, the joke was my ancestor could of prevented the Civil War!! Tim Brunette

I know that Jefferson Davis surveyed what is called the airline Rt 9 from Bangor to Calais Maine. My father's family insisted we were related to him through our Davis line but my genealogy proves otherwise. Be careful when proving New England Davis genealogy. There are many Davis's with the same name

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)