Miniatures JEB Stuart

rebel brit

Captain
Forum Host
Ken if you ever decide to sculp JEB Stuart let me know. He is a cousin and grew up in the same area as my GGGgrandfather.
Following the above suggestion from @Virginia Dave I have made a Flat figure of JEB Stuart using BeesPutty which is a clay that you bake to harden.
Then by making a silicone mould I'm able to produce the following different finishes:-
1) Plain gray resin figure ready for painting.
2) Coldcast resin figure using Bronze powder.
3) Coldcast resin figure using Brass powders.
4) Coldcast resin figure using Silver powders.

The figure measures 5"high x 2" wide x 1/4" depth, and I think on a personal level looks good when mounted in a picture frame.

IMG_4860a.jpg

Following the above suggestion from @Virginia Dave I have made a Flat figure of JEB Stuart using BeesPutty which is a clay that you bake to harden.
Then by making a silicone mould I'm able to produce the following different finishes:-
1) Plain gray resin figure ready for painting.
2) Coldcast resin figure using Bronze powder.
3) Coldcast resin figure using Brass powders.
4) Coldcast resin figure using Silver powders.

The figure measures 5"high x 2" wide x 1/4" depth, and I think on a personal level looks good when mounted in a picture frame.

View attachment 382488
Invoice me for one in bronze. On PayPal Thanks

Oh! How cool! And a choice of finishes to for those who can't/won't/ are afraid to paint, so they can display the figure!

Really, how fortunate are we, the members of CWT, to have a fellow member who can do something like this?

What impresses me the most of rebel brit's figures, especially the historical figures, is how closely his figures face matches the historical person. I've been in the hobby long enough to know that this ability, to copy the face of an historical person, is not something that most sculptors can do. It's truly remarkable.

Back