January 7th Video Discussion: Depictions of Violence at Antietam

JerseyBart

Brigadier General
Forum Host
Monday January 7, 2019 in the chatroom at 9:00pm Eastern.

Image3.jpg

https://www.c-span.org/video/?451093-3/depictions-violence-antietam

Last edited by a moderator:
It works - click the hyperlink at the bottom and not on the picture. I just watched the first few minutes, but not the whole thing.

I heard Peter Carmichael do a talk a few years ago in person. He's a very reasonable and thoughtful guy, in my opinion.

Watching this lecture will surely not be a waste of anyone's time.

I didn't get the alert. I can't be there, have to work on Tuesday. I'll watch the vid and read the transcript. :smile: Have fun, everyone!

I saw this a couple of weeks ago. Lots of interesting things to think about. Like the contrast between how woodcuts for publication were romanticized versions of some very stark photos. Another contention he made was that few people ever saw these photos.

It was a fairly drawn lecture that had a pertinent concluding statement. I sense the idea from him that the current historians have just touched a tip of an iceberg, and much more effort needs to be spent in research.

Sorry I didn't get around to watching it. Kids high school was in the state football playoffs so we were out of town for the weekend. Hope to be able to do the next one

No problem at all @MaryDee and @Jamieva. I’ve gotten a could of postpone requests so why do we try again next week? Or would after the holidays be better for everyone?

I

dint know if mike has installed the chatroom yet, but I’ll remind him to get it done this weekend!
I'm okay with either. don't have mike rush if he is busy or just cannot get it done by Monday.

Back