James H. Merrill

I'm having so much fun finding existing handiworks of James H. Merrill, that I'm going to be building a website with all the content (pics, details, provenances, patents, biographicals). I've never contemplated building a website before. I want the website to be interactive, as in allowing people to provide feedback or add photos for their rifles/carbines/accessories with details, etc. What's a good website generator to help me thru the process?

Eric

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)

ucvrelics

Captain
Forum Host
You can't go wrong with godaddy. I have mine park there and the website builders tool are awesome and EZ to use. Make sure you research the right plan and use the Go Central business plans. I have the business plus which gives you plenty of room. Its really not that expensive and if you have any question just PM me or email me thru www.ucvrelics.com

I found smugmug as the website that has allowed me to add all my photos and much of the descriptions I captured these past several months. One more week and I should also have all the newspaper.com clippings uploaded that they consented to my using on the website. Has its drawbacks, as in no zoom (really stupid imho to not have such a readily available tool - hit a checkbox, enable zoom), but it's allowed me to maintain all my folder structures. Still have to do some more html conversions for my spreadsheets of research. Found a few online sites that convert to html so I can maintain some sort of formatting - another improvement the smugmug site could use. Those who've provided content will receive an email from me, hopefully next week, with the link to check it out and provide feedback.

If anyone knows Wallace Markert at acacquisitions.com, please remind him for me that I'm looking for his response on his on display Merrill's serial number close-ups, plus the second Merrill he said months back he'd provide photos to me.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)