Jackson at Gettysburg

Eric Wittenberg

1st Lieutenant
Keeper of the Scales
*SATIRE WARNING*

For years now, I've been asked the question, "what if Jackson had been at Gettysburg?" That question makes me insane because I don't do "what if's"--especially that one--and my typical response is to say, "He would have been in an advanced state of decomposition."

Finally, we have an answer. :bounce::bounce::bounce:

68584464_2301036243338105_6715786751526305792_n.jpg

The Union troops would have seen him doing his dances and weird "he HEEE" noises and proclaimed "My God kill it with fire!!!!"

Confederates would have been looking at him dumbfounded and asking "What are you?!"
Can't wait to see the faces when he does the "moonwalk"

*SATIRE WARNING*

For years now, I've been asked the question, "what if Jackson had been at Gettysburg?" That question makes me insane because I don't do "what if's"--especially that one--and my typical response is to say, "He would have been in an advanced state of decomposition."

View attachment 320042

This is as relevant as any "what if" about Gettysburg!

But at least one Union soldier believed Stonewall Jackson was indeed at Gettysburg:

About midnight on July 3, Albert S. Caison of Company I, 26th North Carolina was aroused with some hard kicks. Caison had been taken prisoner earlier in the day while attacking Cemetery Ridge. The Federal soldier doing the kicking said, “Get up and hurry, for Stonewall Jackson is in our rear." Caison replied, “Stonewall Jackson is in his grave,” but the soldier only laughed and said, “You can’t stuff that into me; we’ve heard that before, but don’t believe it.” Caison and other Confederate prisoners were marched away in the rain toward Westminster, Maryland. (Reminiscence of Albert Stacey Caison, Confederate Reminiscences and Letters 1861-1865, Georgia Division, United Daughters of the Confederacy, 1999, vol. 8, p. 52)

The Union troops would have seen him doing his dances and weird "he HEEE" noises and proclaimed "My God kill it with fire!!!!"

Confederates would have been looking at him dumbfounded and asking "What are you?!"
Good day!~ I recently completed "Rebel Yell. The Violence, Passion, and Redemption of Stonewall Jackson" and read much of his eccentricities, yet I'd not heard reference to the he HEEE noises. Except for whilst in battle, he was quite awkward, so I can envision him making such sounds.

Good day!~ I recently completed "Rebel Yell. The Violence, Passion, and Redemption of Stonewall Jackson" and read much of his eccentricities, yet I'd not heard reference to the he HEEE noises. Except for whilst in battle, he was quite awkward, so I can envision him making such sounds.

Oh he danced and sang at headquarters every night to raise their spirits. Reportedly Meade couldn't stand him

*SATIRE WARNING*

View attachment 320042
Heck, this Jackson was in an advanced state of decomposition even BEFORE he died!

Welcome to the forums from the host of the Stonewall Jackson Forum!

*SATIRE WARNING*

Shouldn't this have been a SPOILED ALERT? :wink:

Back