Restricted Isn't the South Great. It would be a shame to erase it.

War Horse

Captain
Member of the Year
Regtl. Quartermaster Gettysburg 2017
In the lobby of the Roanoke Hotel and Confrence Center

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 180
My point is there are those who wish to erase all Sothern commemorative appreciation of their heritage. It should be allowed to happen.

Bet you mean "It should not be allowed to happen". :smile:

BTW who exactly are "those" who wish to erase all Southern commemorative appreciation of their heritage"?

(And I suppose when you say "their" you don't really intend to refer to "those" although that's what the sentence structure means? It would be OK if you put "Southerners' commemoration" instead of "Southern commemoration")

W. Richardson

Captain
My point is there are those who wish to erase all Sothern commemorative appreciation of their heritage. It should be allowed to happen.

I assume you meant to say should not be allowed to happen. I agree they are those who wish to erase Southern history and Confederate History. Some claim to be lovers of history but in reality they are not or are lovers of history as to how they wish it to be remembered. Here in N.C. there is now a movement to rename the Dixie Classic Fair, due to...........Get this.........The word Dixie is offensive to them................lol............Where does the insanity stop !

1.jpg

Respectfully,
William

War Horse

Captain
Member of the Year
Regtl. Quartermaster Gettysburg 2017
Bet you mean "It should not be allowed to happen". :smile:

BTW who exactly are "those" who wish to erase all Southern commemorative appreciation of their heritage"?

(And I suppose when you say "their" you don't really mean to refer to "those" although that's what the sentence structure means?)
Correct. All the recent commotion over monuments (Southern) and the confederate flag lead me to wonder whats next. Sorry for the grammar errors. I'm not a very skillful writer and never claimed to be.

cash

Brev. Brig. Gen'l

I don't see anyone trying to erase any appreciation of Colonial Williamsburg or Jamestown, or Yorktown or Cowpens. I don't see anyone trying to erase any appreciation of William Faulkner or Eudory Welty. I don't see anyone trying to erase any appreciation of Martin Luther King, Jr., Robert Smalls, George Washington Carver, or Booker T. Washington.

It seems to me there is an extremely narrow view of what is "heritage."

W. Richardson

Captain
Nothing should ever stand in the way of enjoying one's heritage. That does not mean your heritage has to be enjoyed or forced on all.

I have never forced my heritage on anyone. If you mean by it being in the public is 'forcing" it on others then all heritage that is displayed in public should be removed as that is "forcing" it on others. If you mean displaying one's heritage on government property is "forcing" it on others I would agree to some point. I do agree that one's heritage and enjoyment of that heritage should not be forced on anyone.

1st National Confederate Flag   1.jpg

Respectfully,
William

1SGDan

Captain
I have never forced my heritage on anyone. If you mean by it being in the public is 'forcing" it on others then all heritage that is displayed in public should be removed as that is "forcing" it on others. If you mean displaying one's heritage on government property is "forcing" it on others I would agree to some point. I do agree that one's heritage and enjoyment of that heritage should not be forced on anyone.

View attachment 76749
Respectfully,
William

Sanction of a particular heritage is shown when an objectionable symbol of said heritage is on display on a government building. Removal of that symbol does not prevent anyone who chooses to do so from enjoying that heritage.