Is the Abbeville Institute a Reliable Source for Information Related to the Civil War?

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!
Status
Not open for further replies.

BuckeyeWarrior

Corporal
Indeed. It does not teach unscrupulous "Emancipation Mythology" nor is in in concert with the political hate groups that vilify Civil Rights organizations like The League of the South.
Civil rights group? More accurate description would be hate group. I believe you aren’t allowed to link to their site from this site because of their designation as a hate group and this sites prohibition against hate speech.

Duncan

Sergeant
Civil rights group? More accurate description would be hate group. I believe you aren’t allowed to link to their site from this site because of their designation as a hate group and this sites prohibition against hate speech.

White Supremacist Group? More accurate description would be Civil Rights group. I believe the hate group Southern Poverty Law Center is responsible for the demonization the The LOS. Not sure if you can link to them and their hate speech.

CSA Today

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Is it credentialed? Some denigrate PragerU for not being a real institute of higher learning. Does the little-known McClanahan Academy pass their test?
I haven't heard any complaints, save for here, but in a heighten partisanship it would vary with a personal orientation. Any doctoral student of Clyde Wilson has my respect. Conversely, I'm sure there are devotees of Allen Guelzo at Prager U. too.

Viper21

Brigadier General
Most Americans were at that time. Most Americans would not go see David Duke speak if someone paid them. However the league of the south had him as their speaker at their League of the South conference, the second time he has spoke at this conference.

I am absolutely flabbergasted that anyone on this website would defend an organization like the League of the South.
You've attempted to discredit Clyde Wilson claiming he is a white supremacist, & white nationalist. You didn't try to connect the dots, you drew a straight line. Lincoln was clearly a white supremacist, & white nationalist. Not kinda, not maybe.... it's pretty clear, through his own spoken words. One of the most amazing monuments in our country, is dedicated to the man. Yet, nowhere in it are his words on white supremacy, or white nationalism.

Do you have any words of Clyde Wilson's that come even close to the blatant language of Lincoln's..? Or just hyperbole..? It appears to me anyways, you are just trying to discredit the man, because you don't like his politics, or his messaging on Southern History.

Duncan

Sergeant
You've attempted to discredit Clyde Wilson claiming he is a white supremacist, & white nationalist. You didn't try to connect the dots, you drew a straight line. Lincoln was clearly a white supremacist, & white nationalist. Not kinda, not maybe.... it's pretty clear, through his own spoken words. One of the most amazing monuments in our country, is dedicated to the man. Yet, nowhere in it are his words on white supremacy, or white nationalism.

Do you have any words of Clyde Wilson's that come even close to the blatant language of Lincoln's..? Or just hyperbole..? It appears to me anyways, you are just trying to discredit the man, because you don't like his politics, or his messaging on Southern History.

Excellent post.

DanSBHawk

Sergeant Major

This thread is about the Abbeville Institute. Clyde Wilson is a contributor, not Lincoln.

CSA Today

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Most Americans were at that time. Most Americans would not go see David Duke speak if someone paid them. However the league of the south had him as their speaker at their League of the South conference, the second time he has spoke at this conference.

I am absolutely flabbergasted that anyone on this website would defend an organization like the League of the South.
I'm flabbergasted that you are permitted continue your hate speech against historians like Clyde Wilson, and Brion McClanahan. If you are getting your information on the League of the South from the Southern Poverty Law Center you might want to do some some research on that crowd.

DanSBHawk

Sergeant Major
Thanks for the sentiments. It's just that I am positively flabbergasted that anyone on this website would describe The LOS as anything other than a Civil Rights group.
The League of the South is not considered a Civil Rights group by anyone who is actually interested in Civil Rights.

DanSBHawk

Sergeant Major
I'm flabbergasted that you are permitted continue your hate speech against historians like Clyde Wilson, and Brion McClanahan. If you are getting your information on the League of the South from the Southern Poverty Law Center you might want to do some some research on that crowd.
I think if anyone cares to compare the LOS crowd to the SPLC crowd, they can reach their own conclusions about which one advocates for civil rights.

CSA Today

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
The League of the South is not considered a Civil Rights group by anyone who is actually interested in Civil Rights.
I think if anyone cares to compare the LOS crowd to the SPLC crowd, they can reach their own conclusions about which one advocates for civil rights.
One could reach that conclusion by who the SPLC doesn't include on their hate list.

Status
Not open for further replies.