Impressions Is Pedersoli worth it?

thewarning

Cadet
I was originally thinking of getting an Armi Sport Enfield and having it defarbed. I've heard a few people say the Pedersoli shoots live better and is overall more accurate. Is Pedersoli really worth the extra $170? What on the armi sport needs defarbing and what on the Pedersoli (if anything) needs defarbing?

The Pedersoli Enfield is well worth it. The older Euroarms not so much. ArmiSport has had some quality control issues over the years as did Euroarms. Pedersoli has never had an issue w/ quality control that I'm aware of. Of all the Italian repros the Pedersolli is now and always has been the best.

Out of the box the Pedersoli is a much better piece. If you want a good explanation of the things wrong with an out of the box Armi-sport check out Lodgewood.com and look at their defarbing options for an Enfield. I have a defarbed Armi-sport from them and love it although I use it for reenacting, not live fire. I can't help with the live fire comparison, I'm sure somebody here can help with that end of it.

Further the Pedersoli out of the box is pretty darn close as far as accuracy other than the stock finish which isn't hard to fix if it matters to you. Originals were finished with boiled linseed oil.

I have a pedersoli Enfield, it's quality is top notch. My only complaint is it's short hammer throw. I also have an armi sport Enfield that was defarbed by james River armory that is hard to tell apart from a actual Enfield. My advice is this: if you can afford the pedersoli buy it. You won't be disappointed. Pedersoli is so much better than armisport, hands down.

I was originally thinking of getting an Armi Sport Enfield and having it defarbed. I've heard a few people say the Pedersoli shoots live better and is overall more accurate. Is Pedersoli really worth the extra $170? What on the armi sport needs defarbing and what on the Pedersoli (if anything) needs defarbing?

As a former reenactor and current North South Skirmish competitor I have this say--It really depends on what you want.

IF you are going whole enchilada authentic, then that is what should drive your choice. Actual shooting accuracy will be at the bottom of your criteria.

IF you are going more mainstream and also want a good shooter, the Pedersoli is a decent gun and worth the extra coin, but will still have to have load development work for best accuracy.

IF you're interested in shooting accuracy, this is the wrong place for that question. The NSSA forum is the place for questions on shooting live ammo. Most reenactors can get a live round out of the business end but very few know what makes these guns shoot well. Case in point, my Parker Hale shooting authentic ammo will do about 6moa, that's a 6 in group at 100yds. With some attention to bullet type, size, charge weight, lube, etc, it will hold 2moa with boring regularity.

Since I no longer reenact but compete with live ammo, I really don't care too much about "defarbing", so my criteria are now different. You need to weigh what's important to you and what you're willing to accept for your goals. Hint- defarbed and accuracy generally aren't in the same sentence.

Back