Is Pea Ridge Haunted

NH Civil War Gal

Captain
* OFFICIAL *
CWT PRESENTER
Forum Host
Regtl. Quartermaster Antietam 2021
1595344144873.png

Photo by @Buckeye Bill; from thread: https://civilwartalk.com/threads/th...ilitary-park-black-white.155608/#post-2004338

It was a bit hard to find anything more than snippets about Pea Ridge. This one is old but came from a news channel. I'd like to focus on some of the lesser known spots of the Civil War for a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
My short answer is yes. Quick story. Our tenth wedding anniversary (wow, that was 25 years ago), we spent the weekend at a bed & breakfast about half way between Eureka Springs and Pea Ridge. I woke up in the wee hours of the morning and stepped out on the front porch, crystal clear night, not a cloud in the sky. In the distance I heard what I can only describe as the boom of cannons. The next morning I called the park office....no reenactment that weekend. No reenactment units present. Spirits still engaged in battle? Don’t know but I know what I heard and there was no explanation for it.
OK, now you can say that PapaReb is touched in the head...but it did happen in May 1995.

I would say yes, especially the rebuilt Elkhorn Tavern. I have heard numerous reports of the rocking chair on the porch rocking on it's own. One from a good friend. who witnessed it happening. Another is the ghost soldier in the Tavern itself who likes to appear to children. He did years ago and I have heard he still does appear to children. A friend while doing guard duty watched a pair of pants cross a field, not a torso, but a pair of pants.

Back