Is anyone able to do a lookup in WWI ?

Another picture of Jesse Lee Stephenson, 62nd Engineers. After his death, I found among his effects a large portrait of General John J. Pershing. Unfortunately, I have misplaced that portrait. He came from Oklahoma once a year to visit his brother Willie Stephenson in Texas. I always looked forward to his visits.

J.L. Stephenson.jpg

My grandfather served during WW1 in the 205th Bn, 114th Combat Engineers Co. B. It has been near impossible to find any kind of history on them. Can anybody help me out with this? I know he got to France in May/June 1918 and was in the Argonne Offensive. Other than that not much else.

My grandfather served during WW1 in the 205th Bn, 114th Combat Engineers Co. B. It has been near impossible to find any kind of history on them. Can anybody help me out with this? I know he got to France in May/June 1918 and was in the Argonne Offensive. Other than that not much else.
I don't know if this is much help but check this sitehttp://www.newrivernotes.com/topical_history_ww1_oob_american_forces.htm
Go down to Thirty-Ninth Division(National Guard). There is mention of 114th engineers.

I'm starting from scratch on my husband's grandfather. If I can trace his line back to ACW, I hope to spark his interest in CW.

As of now this is about all I know:

Marion Chandler Terhune

b 1899 d 1964 NY, bur NY (found him on findagrave)
mil rec WWI USMC Pvt

Would like to know anything about his tour of duty, POB, parents names etc.

m. Bertie, (Berta,Beatrice, Alberta) Jensen, b 1898 MA, d 1988 Montgomery Co NY (also findagrave)
d/o Jens Jensen

Please feel free to respond via PM.

Thanks in advance for your help and time. Will be out much today but check back in as able.
I am going to assume you are my cousins wife. As Marion Chandler Terhune is my grandfather. I was just researching family and found this . If you would like to message me I can give you the following you need and hopefully you can connect me with family.

QUOTE="Old Hickory, post: 1258018, member: 3039"]Belleau Wood in photographs and art.

Note the two sticks in the ground near the muzzle of the machinegun, these are to keep the gunner firing in his field of fire and to interlock with the next guns right and left.
View attachment 247235

Limiting Stakes in 1918!
Never knew they had them.
Thanks for posting.

I am going to assume you are my cousins wife. As Marion Chandler Terhune is my grandfather. I was just researching family and found this . If you would like to message me I can give you the following you need and hopefully you can connect me with family.
unfortunately, Chellers passed last year. I am sure she would be thrilled to have found a possible connection.

unfortunately, Chellers passed last year. I am sure she would be thrilled to have found a possible connection.
I am very sorry to hear this. There is only one cousin this could possibly be and I have been trying to find him . I was so thrilled to see the original post and would've been able to give her a great deal of info. I am wondering if anyone knew her personally and could pass this info on to her husband .

Thanks Ami for your gentle post...Chellers was one of my favorite people on this board.
I am very sad. There is no doubt I had some of the info she would've enjoyed getting. I do know it's him as I own last plot next to him in cemetery . His wife was Berta Josephine Jensen d 1988. Same cemetery as her husbands mother and my sister. I hope she is looking down on this and knows she had connected.

Back