Iron Brigade at Antietam

Great Vid, Thanks. I hate to hear that about Gen. Meig's as I was under his command in Germany at the ATC in Graf.

RIP General.
1625866307210.png

Quick video I put together. Also, I found out last night that my former commander of the modern-day Iron Brigade during Desert Storm, Montgomery Meigs has passed away. He was related to and named after the Montgomery Meigs of Civil Wa
Quick video I put together. Also, I found out last night that my former commander of the modern-day Iron Brigade during Desert Storm, Montgomery Meigs has passed away. He was related to and named after the Montgomery Meigs of Civil War fame.
Very nice. Thanks.

Nice work on this. Just finished Darin Wipperman's First for the Union: the Life and Death of a Civil War Army Corps from Antietam to Gettysburg (Stackpole, 2020), which contains a detailed description of the Iron Brigade's participation in this fight.

For a little insight into what the Iron Brigade experienced at Antietam, this is a great account by a member of the 2nd U.S. Sharpshooters who fought alongside the Iron Brigade. He specifically references interactions & conversations with "a brigade from Indiana and Wisconsin" and goes into vivid detail concerning what they experienced side-by-side in the Cornfield and along the Hagerstown Pike. https://vermonthistory.org/documents/digital/SharpShooter3of3.pdf

Back