Davis Longstreet Golden Thread Interview: Longstreet says the trouble with Jeff Davis was "his meddling with military affairs"

Hi everybody! I just wanted to post my first message on the forum here to say how much I've enjoyed this series of posts. I enjoyed them so much, I decided that I had to join. I can't wait to read the next installment. Keep up the great work and discussion!
Hello Old Pete. Thank you so much for your kind comments. Welcome to CivilWarTalk - the best place on the internet for Civil War discussion. Happy you have joined us and very pleased that you made your first post here. The last post in this series on Longstreet's 1893 interview is here https://civilwartalk.com/threads/in...as-lack-of-statesmanship-that-beat-us.152320/ and I just realized there is one more that I somehow neglected to post. I'll get that one up for your real soon. Thanks again for your reply.

I just realized there is one more that I somehow neglected to post. I'll get that one up for your real soon. Thanks again for your reply.

Well then, Old Pete is doubly, nay quadruply welcome! I was hoping that there would be more to come Laura. Your posts from that article have been wonderful and I put this forum on watch in eager anticipation for the next one to drop. But now...I am sad, that we are truly at the end of that line. Please continue your ongoing search for more articles in the same vein, even if it does not pertain to Pete, it is an interesting way to examine the various personalities of the war.

And thank you for all the time and work you put in on this series.

Back