Infantry Tactics and Formations

Red Raider

Private
Does anyone have a PDF copy of the Infantry manual in 1861 or 63? I am also looking for a chart that shows the break down of the Armies from Corps to Company and their order of battle. I have done a little digger on here and through my texts, but I can not find a good break down of it.

V/r

Red

Does anyone have a PDF copy of the Infantry manual in 1861 or 63? I am also looking for a chart that shows the break down of the Armies from Corps to Company and their order of battle. I have done a little digger on here and through my texts, but I can not find a good break down of it.

V/r

Red
Could you be more specific? As far as I know, there is no reference by the name of "Infantry manual," but there are a couple that I know of that were used.

I am looking for diagrams that show lines of battle. Basically, how did they form ranks for their attacks. what commands were used, etc.

This is the only diagram I have.

regiment deployment diagram.jpeg

Most Civil War manuals, literature, etc. can be found in pdf form at archive.org. Just enter a search term and download your pdf. I have close to a hundred downloaded or printed.

Attachments

• caseys-v1.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 68
  • caseys-v2.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
  • caseys-v3.pdf
    994.9 KB · Views: 26
Back