Uniforms Individual Confederate States uniform regulations.

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

major bill

Colonel
Forum Host
I was reviewing General Order No, 1 Regulations for the Uniform Dress and Equipment of the Volunteers & State Troops of North Carolina 1861 dated May 24 1861, and also Army of Georgia. General Order No. 4 dated Feb 15 1861, the Georgia uniform regulations. This made me wonder just how many Confederate States published uniform regulations at the start of the Civil War.

major bill

Colonel
Forum Host
You´ll also find the Orders of the military board of the State of Mississippi from 1861 as well. Its not just about uniforms but it has a section about it, including a subsection about rank insignia which I transcribed in this thread. The whole is available online right over here.
Thank you. I have copies of Civil War era uniform regulation for Union States Confederate States, uniform regulation of the army, the navy, and the marines. However, these are all over in my library. Often reprinted in books, booklets, and magazines. I have been given ing some thought of putting them one one shelf in my library.

There were more examples. You already know the Alabama Volunteer Corps. Both South Carolina and Virginia had militia regulations to be used from the years before, both having regulations from 1858, and at least the former revising it in December 1860. And early in the war many in Tennessee used e.g. the provisional Confederate uniform regulations that were used only briefly and not consistently.