In Memory of our Dear Friend, chellers

The loss of another family member sadden's me immensely. We all know and understand that that "one day" has to come, but why so soon for those who are so good. I always enjoyed Chellers's post and will miss her and her post a great deal. Though I am not here as often as I was in the past, CWT is still a home where I can find old friends, and make new friends. Things change over time and things here have changed some, but CWT is still be best CivilWarTalk forum on the net.

Chellers helped make CWT a wonderful place to be a part of. She will be missed by all, but though she is gone she will live on in our hearts, and thoughts, and in her post that remain forever a part of CWT and us.

Chellers God bless you and may you rest in forever peace my friend. You left your mark on CWT and in the world.

Respectfully,

William

View attachment 192587

So nicely put. I too will miss Chellers here. Her wit and her CW smarts, her observations and her humor all helped make CWT a family. She will be missed, but I know her spirit will live on.

I avoid this thread because it is just too hard. We all grieve differently, you know? Would have made a sucky Irishman, one, good wake and I'd be the subject, just too solitary.

But one more, not to speak for Chellers but have an inkling what she'd have liked, by way of a remembering her daily. Have a feeling if you asked her it'd be pretty simple- something about being nice to each other, here on CWT. No one knows better than one of our moderators, it only sounds easy.

I miss the posts of our friend Chellers and Ron, and the others we have lost over the years.............:frown:

R.I.P my friends...........................

Respectfully,
William

One Nation, two countries

Confed-American Flag.jpg

I read somewhere that a person dies three times.
First, when they render their last breath, second, when they are laid to rest, and third, when the last person to remember them, utters their name for the last time
. Chellers will be remembered for a long long time. Her legacy here is etched into the very core at this forum.

BlueNGrey,

Well said.

Well said indeed.

Sincerely,
Unionblue

Last edited:
Took delivery of these today. They came from chellers' estate. I will cherish them. The Executor shipped them to me as thanks for helping him. He is just about finished with his duties. The books are huge. Not familiar with the artist who did the drawings. His name is Bob Cleary.

IMG_20181023_140847112.jpg

IMG_20181023_141451771.jpg

Took delivery of these today. They came from chellers' estate. I will cherish them. The Executor shipped them to me as thanks for helping him. He is just about finished with his duties. The books are huge. Not familiar with the artist who did the drawings. His name is Bob Cleary.

View attachment 208111
View attachment 208110
Truly keepsakes to be cherished. She is greatly missed by all who knew her even casually.

View attachment 208111
View attachment 208110

Absolutely awesome, Bobby!

Bill

View attachment 208111
View attachment 208110
Great of you to help. I still miss her every time I post in the book forum. Appropriate that you got two from her library.

Back