In Memory of our Dear Friend, chellers

I joined CWT in July 2015. She was the first CWT staffer that I had any interaction with. She was a regular in the Book Review forum and I was learning the ropes.

We quickly discovered we had a lot in common. From 1990 to her passing,she lived in the area where most of my father's family was born and raised. By the time she moved there,most of my family had migrated to the Houston area. chellers had lived in Houston for 20 years too. We had a lot of conversations about east Texas, Houston and our duties as Moderators.

From December-February,I corresponded with her regularly by private message,email and phone and prepared some estate planning documents for her.

I noticed last week that I had not seen her in the forum in awhile and had intended to call/text/email/private message her. She had previously given me and her Executor each others' contact information. He reached out to me Saturday night. She was not in good shape but her death yesterday morning was unexpected. He lives in Michigan and was/is a friend of hers and her deceased husband. She made him the primary person on all her estate planning documents. She didn't have much family left. She was diagnosed with lung cancer sometime in late February or March according to him,but it wasn't end stage. She had a lot of complications afterwards. She was being treated for an infection up until she passed. According to her friend in Michigan,she could hardly talk or communicate for the past month. He flew in today. According to him,she wanted to be cremated and for there to be no memorial service but it's complicated right now. I have spoken with him numerous times today and yesterday and will update y'all if that changes.

I am so sad that her last days/weeks were so hard and that she had no family there with her. She told me nothing about her diagnosis. Earlier in the year we had tried to make arrangements a coupla times to meet in person but one thing or the other scuttled the plans. I wish I had tried harder. She might've known something was wrong before she told anyone though.

I joined CWT in July 2015. She was the first CWT staffer that I had any interaction with. She was a regular in the Book Review forum and I was learning the ropes.

We quickly discovered we had a lot in common. From 1990 to her passing,she lived in the area where most of my father's family was born and raised. By the time she moved there,most of my family had migrated to the Houston area. chellers had lived in Houston for 20 years too. We had a lot of conversations about east Texas, Houston and our duties as Moderators.

From December-February,I corresponded with her regularly by private message,email and phone and prepared some estate planning documents for her.

I noticed last week that I had not seen her in the forum in awhile and had intended to call/text/email/private message her. She had previously given me and her Executor's each others' contact information. He reached out to me Saturday night. She was not in good shape but her death yesterday morning was unexpected. He lives in Michigan and was/is a friend of hers and her deceased husband. She made him the primary person on all her estate planning documents. She didn't have much family left. She was diagnosed with lung cancer sometime in late February or March according to him,but it wasn't end stage. She had a lot of complications afterwards. She was being treated for an infection up until she passed. According to her friend in Michigan,she could hardly talk or communicate for the past month. He flew in today. According to him,she wanted to be cremated and for there to be no memorial service but it's complicated right now. I have spoken with him numerous times today and yesterday and will update y'all if that changes.

I am so sad that her last days/weeks were so hard and that she had no family there with her. She told me nothing about her diagnosis. Earlier in the year we had tried to make arrangements a coupla times to meet in person but one thing or the other scuttled the plans. I wish I had tried harder. She might've known something was wrong before she told anyone though.
thanks

I noticed last week that I had not seen her in the forum in awhile and had intended to call/text/email/private message her. She had previously given me and her Executor each others' contact information. He reached out to me Saturday night. She was not in good shape but her death yesterday morning was unexpected. He lives in Michigan and was/is a friend of hers and her deceased husband. She made him the primary person on all her estate planning documents. She didn't have much family left. She was diagnosed with lung cancer sometime in late February or March according to him,but it wasn't end stage. She had a lot of complications afterwards. She was being treated for an infection up until she passed. According to her friend in Michigan,she could hardly talk or communicate for the past month. He flew in today. According to him,she wanted to be cremated and for there to be no memorial service but it's complicated right now. I have spoken with him numerous times today and yesterday and will update y'all if that changes.

Thank you for the information. This is a sad day. She will be missed along with our other friends who have gone.

Ryan

What an honor to have helped such a sweet lady. I'm glad you were "there" for her. And I'm glad she had you to reach out to. She was deeply treasured and so is deeply missed.

What an honor to have helped such a sweet lady. I'm glad you were "there" for her. And I'm glad she had you to reach out to. She was deeply treasured and so is deeply missed.
I was very humbled by the trust she placed in me. Attorney-client privilege and friendship prohibit me from disclosing any more about that.

That is very sad. Thanks for the information.

Back