In memory of Glorybound

Lee wrote this on 12/27/11. I'm thinking he never got over Juice Newton and this post was the seed behind his colossal Favorite Songs threads begun the next month. This is for you Glorybound.

"Does anybody out there, besides me, remember "Juice" Newton, the female singer who became famous for her songs, "Queen of Hearts", "Love's Been a Little Bit Hard on Me", "Break It To Me Gently", "Angel of the Morning"? I don't know why I thought of her, well, yes I do know why I thought of her but I'm unable to articulate that right now, this being a family board, but she brings back memories of when I was the house drummer at the Executive Inn in Evansville, Indiana. We played dance music between the shows of whomever was the headline act that was visiting that week, and for those entertainers who didn't travel with their own bands, we played their charts behind them.

"When Juice came in with her band, walked out on stage, and began doing her first show I was dumb-struck by her beauty, her voice, her beautiful long hair, her movements, her singing. I stood in the far right aisle of the showroom, cupped my hands, and yelled "Juice!" "Juice"!" After she finished her song she pointed to me, waved, and blew me a kiss....whereupon my heart stopped for a few minutes."

But the people in the booth beside which I was standing thought I was yelling "Boo!"...either that or they were jealous that Juice blew me a kiss , and one of the drunken dudes sitting there came out and towards me, and took a swing at me. I clocked him hard, once, and he refused to get up. I was fired from the band temporarily, but regained my position once the complete story was told and heard by the higher ups. The next time she appeared there I was told to stay back-stage, which was fine with me. I was able to enter her dressing room and introduce myself to her, without any violent confrontation. We had a nice conversation most of which I don't remember because I was too focused on her eyes and not really paying attention to what she was saying. I do remember her lips moving though....

"Anyway, Juice Newton, " Queen of Hearts"..............

heart02.gif
"

:: sigh :: I'm never particularly fond of change, so The Big Change always shakes the world somehow when it's someone I've had some acquaintance with. I didn't know GB/Terry/Lee as long as many of you; it's interesting to hear more about how multifaceted he was.

6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: 7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:smile: 8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
2 Cor 5:6-8 (KJV)

As someone said above, our loss is Heaven's gain. Let us not be distraught over the loss of a friend, for we should know Glorybound is in a better place. Pray for the family and friends of this dear man, pray for comfort for them. Above all else remember that while Glorybound is gone physically, it is obvious he is not gone in deed, look at how many people he has impacted just on our board.

What rotten news. I did NOT want to hear this.

I am deeply saddened. I had the great fortune of getting know Glorybound/Lee when we exchanged music on his wonderful "Favorite Songs" thread. He was a very kind and gentle soul. Although I didn't know him in person, I really feel as if a light has gone out in my little world. My prayers to his family, and his little dog that he loved so much.

I miss him and will always remember him.

Back