I'm a black daughter of the Confederacy, and this is how we should deal with all those General Lees

5fish

Captain
I Found this article( Op-Ed) and its a good look at the topic some highlights...

Like millions of African Americans, I am the descendant of a Confederate soldier. True, we are most likely descendants through coerced sex and rape, but we are descendants all the same. According to Ancestry.com, the DNA of the average African American is 29% European. These bronzed southern soldiers are literally our forefathers too.

Another Highlight...

Of course, most white Southerners of the period were neither villains nor heroes. The majority did not enslave other people, but neither did they advocate the end of slavery or even the softening of slavery. They did not work to halt the worst practices of the era — the sale of children away from parents, the separation of husbands and wives — nor did they seek to end the concubinage of enslaved girls and women. Many did not own slaves simply because they couldn’t afford them.

Another Highlight...

I would ask, How could a patriot be confused with a traitor? How can leading a war to bring forth a new country be confused with leading a rebellion to tear it in two?

This short article is worth the read: http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-richardson-black-confederate-history-20170827-story.html

Last edited:
Back