Mary Todd Lincoln Illinois State Museum and the Lincoln Cottage presentation..Are you Ok Mary?

Mrs. V

1st Lieutenant
What a wonderful webinar, and it should be up on the Illinois State Museum youtube account. This was 3 female historians speaking about Mary Lincoln and debunkings some popular myths..Evidently there is a collection of Mary Lincolns letters?? Now that is a book I think I need to have.

Basically, Mary was not “crazy” she was a strong woman who powered through incredible tragedy and grief to keep on living. And the emphasis was on looking at what comments she made in her letters about her marriage. So much information to unpack!

Anyone know about her gynecological injury after her last pregnancy?? it was mentioned she had one, but not what it was?

i kpt thinking that @JPK how you would have been cheering from your seat!!

What a wonderful webinar, and it should be up on the Illinois State Museum youtube account. This was 3 female historians speaking about Mary Lincoln and debunkings some popular myths..Evidently there is a collection of Mary Lincolns letters?? Now that is a book I think I need to have.

Basically, Mary was not “crazy” she was a strong woman who powered through incredible tragedy and grief to keep on living. And the emphasis was on looking at what comments she made in her letters about her marriage. So much information to unpack!

Anyone know about her gynecological injury after her last pregnancy?? it was mentioned she had one, but not what it was?

i kpt thinking that @JPK how you would have been cheering from your seat!!
Not yet, but I'm a fan of Mary. I'll keep looking.

Back