IF you gonna get hit what....

Dugger

Banned
What round, ball, bullet, artillery round, sword, canister, bayonet whatever, would you choose if ya gonna get hit in Civil War? If it happens? This is a somewhat of a trap question and not just a drama question. Some stats behind this question. (beware, all Civil War stats are to a degree suspect) To a degree. This should appeal to the weapon experts. I could learn with this one. Yes.

O...I forgot to say what region of yer body do ya want hit IF it gotta happen. Enter yer Time Machine! But....God forbide. Just discussion.

Bayonet. Left foot.

Heh....yea I expect a lotta humor if folks actually take time to post on my latest piece of idiocy.:confused:

I will take left pinkie....gone! Why ya need a left pinkie finger? I dont want gut shot with a minie ball....nope. Is it true that more survied a chest wound than a gut shot in that era. I think it is.

None of the choices really appeal to me but I would think a piece of canister may come out easier.
Ya but what if it a BIG piece of canister that blows yer dam head off. You may be referering to a nice small piece of canister that just hits yer foot and sends ya home ALIVE and ya live to 1925!!!:D

There were big balls and smaller balls of canister. Depended. NAVAL canister (grape) was big balls. Big as a dam tennnis ball...like mine. Or even bigger. I in trouble now!

Bayonet, right in the shin and try to get through this bony bone. Or sword slash, to the back of my head - strong headache, blood, a hole in my skull; not the first time I´d get one of those and now I also have more hair to compensate the blow. :wink:

If there´d be a need to take a projectile I´d not only think about in what part I´m hit but I´d always hope that my clothing has just ripped and is not missing parts. I prefer "healthy" wounds.

What round, ball, bullet, artillery round, sword, canister, bayonet whatever, would you choose if ya gonna get hit in Civil War? If it happens? This is a somewhat of a trap question and not just a drama question. Some stats behind this question. (beware, all Civil War stats are to a degree suspect) To a degree. This should appeal to the weapon experts. I could learn with this one. Yes.

O...I forgot to say what region of yer body do ya want hit IF it gotta happen. Enter yer Time Machine! But....God forbide. Just discussion.

Well like most people l don't like pain so if l had a choice it would be a sting on the little
finger by a Union or Confederate mosquito, depending on which side l was fighting for.

Thanks.........................Jess :D:rofl: .

Ya but what if it a BIG piece of canister that blows yer dam head off. You may be referering to a nice small piece of canister that just hits yer foot and sends ya home ALIVE and ya live to 1925!!!:D

There were big balls and smaller balls of canister. Depended. NAVAL canister (grape) was big balls. Big as a dam tennnis ball...like mine. Or even bigger. I in trouble now!
Given what I have read about the medical care Im thinking killed instantly may be prefered:smile:

"What round, ball, bullet, artillery round, sword, canister, bayonet whatever, would you choose if ya gonna get hit in Civil War?"

A Smith & Wesson .22 caliber revolver round (anemic at best) at about 100 yards in the Gluteus Maximus as I left the area of conflict. Shot of course by a "skulker" who was playing dead since the area was supposed to be secure! And, subsequently awarded the "Purple Heart" in 1932 as one of the few Civil War Veterans who applied for the newly reinstituted award at an advanced age.

J.

Back