Announcement: If this was my Day Job....

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

treebie2000

Corporal
It can absolutely be a steady income.

I gave no advice, one way or the other. I did not say anything about this site being a source of steady income. I simply stated a fact.
C’mon guys.
This isn’t this the place to be argumentative or defensive.
This site is awesome and the man needs advice/help.
You are trying to provide advice/help, as are others.
Put your suggestions out there and allow others to assess them without the (“Slavery”/“Was not”/“Slavery”/“Was not”) ******** that destroys so many of the threads here.
Might help “the Boss” and his family, make the best decision for himself and his family.
Brainstorm this ****, and let the ideas flow unimpeded. If people feel free to throw something out there, seeing that nobody is gonna jump on them, the solution to this families’ dilemma may present itself.
Think about it.

byron ed

2nd Lieutenant
C’mon guys ...If people feel free to throw something out there, seeing that nobody is gonna jump on them, the solution to this families’ dilemma may present itself. Think about it.
I've thought about it. This particular kind of thread is not the place to be "throwing something out there" in the manner of usual conversations about the CW here.

A statement like "It can absolutely be a steady income" cannot be read as anything other than educated advice, yet has no cited actual experience or example from the real world to back it up. That one was properly jumped on. The idea is to help, not to be playing with the OP's real-life situation. There are enough proven precedents of marketing to consider without spending a lot of time on amateur suppositions. Bottom line is we're not practicing professional marketers*

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
* I happen to have a graduate certificate in Integrated Marketing, not to make anything of it

Last edited:

CivilWarTalk

Lieutenant General
Owner & Webmaster
Thanks everyone for all the kind thoughts, as well as all the opinions shared, at the worst, CivilWarTalk is still paying for itself. I'm doing okay so far, but I do need to figure out something soon. We did add some new patrons, and that does help a lot, but it's not something I can live on, and it won't be.... until it is. Maybe, one day.

Anyway, thanks again to all our Patrons!

No need to fight about things, We do have Ads and our Patrons to support the site. I hope to publish more good stuff soon!

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!