NF If Civil War Reenactors and a Bad Movie Had a Baby...

Non-Fiction

Belle Montgomery

2nd Lieutenant
I stumbled on what should be a Golden Turkey Award movie last night made in 2017. I guess you could say the only thing good about it would be critiquing" the reenactors? It's free on Amazon Prime if you want to suffer.
February, 1865, South Carolina: Sherman's army destroys everything in its path as it blazes through South Carolina. -Sherman would burn this movie with it for sure.

Amazon's description: A Confederate cavalry captain is transferred from the Virginia front, determined to defend his home state. He finds out his fiancée has left him for a profiteering draft-dodger.

No more words. :confused:
Now this trailer shows battle scenes:

Last edited:
I stumbled on what should be a Golden Turkey Award movie last night made in 2017. I guess you could say the only thing good about it would be critiquing" the reenactors? It's free on Amazon Prime if you want to suffer.
February, 1865, South Carolina: Sherman's army destroys everything in its path as it blazes through South Carolina. -Sherman would burn this movie with it for sure.

Amazon's description: A Confederate cavalry captain is transferred from the Virginia front, determined to defend his home state. He finds out his fiancée has left him for a profiteering draft-dodger.

No more words. :confused:
Now this trailer shows battle scenes:
Looks like a real epic.

A review from IMDB:
The first problem you notice with this movie is that the actors are... well.... not great. Shortly thereafter, you realize that in conversation, the director chose one single camera angle for every conversation that occurs. Scene transitions are very sudden and unnecessary. The actors constantly sound like they're sitting there reading a script, there's no feeling, no naturality. And many scenes are lit as though they're a 60 minutes interview. The battle scenes are not exciting. They look like a civil war re-enactment that was filmed using a home video camera, and not the good kind. I mean the $15 camera you buy at Walmart, then plug in to windows movie maker kind of home movie. The musical score did not add to the movie. If anything, it highlighted its dullness. High school age students have made higher quality YouTube movies than this so called feature film. If you want to be bored, watch this movie. But please, don't waste your money at redbox for this shaky, poorly acted, poorly filmed, poorly written "home movie".
Turkey indeed!

A review from IMDB:
The first problem you notice with this movie is that the actors are... well.... not great. Shortly thereafter, you realize that in conversation, the director chose one single camera angle for every conversation that occurs. Scene transitions are very sudden and unnecessary. The actors constantly sound like they're sitting there reading a script, there's no feeling, no naturality. And many scenes are lit as though they're a 60 minutes interview. The battle scenes are not exciting. They look like a civil war re-enactment that was filmed using a home video camera, and not the good kind. I mean the $15 camera you buy at Walmart, then plug in to windows movie maker kind of home movie. The musical score did not add to the movie. If anything, it highlighted its dullness. High school age students have made higher quality YouTube movies than this so called feature film. If you want to be bored, watch this movie. But please, don't waste your money at redbox for this shaky, poorly acted, poorly filmed, poorly written "home movie".
Turkey indeed!
Aw come on and tell us how you really feel. I'm not investing any more time beyond the trailers....which I assume have the most exciting moments of the film. I am relying on your input!

Back