I wrote this new article, check it out.

CivilWarTalk

Lieutenant General
- ★★★ -
Managing Member & Webmaster
Hey everyone, I wrote my very first Civil War Article. I know it is short, but I'm still trying to get more comfortable writing articles.

I hope you enjoy reading it, it's called:

A War of Firsts

What do you think about it?

Mike

Last edited:
Glad to see you called CSS Virginia by her correct name! Way to go, Mikester! AND, I'm not kidding. You can't imagine the numbr of "experts" who mess that one up.

RR

Hey, I do try
happy.gif

Mike

Interesting article. Calls my attention to how many things were done in the Civil War that hadn't been done before.

Looks like you have enough material to write several more articles of similar length, or one big article that could be considerably longer.

That's why I stated with the article the way I did, hopefully this subject, and a few others I've prepared will give me a few months worth in articles to post. I'm glad you found it an interesting article.

I'll see if I can lengthen the next article a bit!

Mike

Another interesting article would be all of the 'lasts' in the Civil War. For instance:

The last naval ship to enter into battle using only sail power.

That's a great idea Mark! I'm going to try to put some info together on that and see what I come up with. A War of Lasts.....

Mike

steevie, research the monitor. some unreal number close to being over 100, different inventions were patented solely for that ship.

Mark, i believe that was the U.S.S. Constellation built in 1854. she was the last all-sail powered vessel built in the US Navy and served through the entire war.

Bill

Back