I want to collect minitures!

JD Mayo

Retired User
I use to collect the Gettysburg Civil War Military play sets army toys had a diorama set of the battle of Gettysburg which I wish I still had photos from. But I only want to collect figurings or minitures of only of General Jackson. What size and price should I start out with for my collection. I want to put them on my movie shelf.

The most popular sizes for ACW wargaming range from 10mm to 24mm and a number of manufacturers make a General Jackson figure and are inexpensive. Almost all are unpainted so you either have to do it yourself or pay someone to do it.

As you seem to be looking for a display item you would probably better looking at larger figurines (54mm and upwards). You'll have to search around the internet for things such as 'General Jackson painted figurine' or 'General Jackson painted miniature' and try and find one that suits your purpose. Here's one to get you started - painted figurines in larger sizes do not come cheap.

William Britains makes a 1/32 scale painted Jackson . It is in stock at Hobby Bunker Toy Soldiers for $38. Scroll down under manufacturers on their site to W. Britains and then click Civil War.

William Britains makes a 1/32 scale painted Jackson . It is in stock at Hobby Bunker Toy Soldiers for $38. Scroll down under manufacturers on their site to W. Britains and then click Civil War.
These are awesome thank you great deals! Will William Britians ship in the US?

These are awesome thank you great deals! Will William Britians ship in the US?
Hobby Bunker is in the U.S. I've ordered from them before and have had no problems . They stock lots of toy soldiers . I also use Sierra Toy Soldiers but they were out of Jackson.

The only problem I have with the model Quaama listed is the horse. Jackson did not ride a grand horse like that, but a little sorrel pacer from Connecticut, the last of its kind and very humble looking. And Jackson wasn’t known for looking grand in the saddle either.....

I use to collect the Gettysburg Civil War Military play sets army toys had a diorama set of the battle of Gettysburg which I wish I still had photos from. But I only want to collect figurings or minitures of only of General Jackson. What size and price should I start out with for my collection. I want to put them on my movie shelf.
Check out the figures on pininterest.com, sometimes they have adverts for the sort of thing that you’re looking for.
I think this is for sale for a reasonable price.
3DA3CB4A-C561-48C9-8942-E0270B73BA77.jpeg

I knew that a company called Verlinden used to do a Stonewall figure and just found one on E-bay at an astonishing price of $99.95 .
I remember that some one on the forum has one . The figure was a bit chunky for Jackson ( maybe they based it on his statue at Manassas) , but it was one of Verlinden's best .

I knew that a company called Verlinden used to do a Stonewall figure and just found one on E-bay at an astonishing price of $99.95 .

I remember that some one on the forum has one . The figure was a bit chunky for Jackson ( maybe they based it on his statue at Manassas) , but it was one of Verlinden's best .

Calling @DixieRifles your retirement fund just improved a tad . :laugh:

Gettysburg Miniature Soldiers had a very nice selection of Confederate Generals. I got a beautiful dismounted General Hancock there and over the last five years or so Custer, Lee and Stuart. They carry various brands I believe so the quality and prices vary accordingly.

John

....... But I only want to collect figurings or minitures of only of General Jackson. What size and price should I start out with for my collection. I want to put them on my movie shelf.
Having us tell you what size and price you should pay is kind of like us telling you what your favorite color is. If your looking for a display piece of a single figure, then the larger scale, (54 and larger), would look better than the smaller scales, (say 28mm). If you were looking to have a small grouping of figures, say Jackson surrounded by a few staff members, then the smaller scale may work.
The smaller size is less expensive, but the larger scale has more detailed and life-like, and you'll be paying for that detail.

A good starting point is for you to look over our forum here. You can decide what scale you want, and the level of artistic work you want for your display. We have tried to post who manufactured the figure in case someone would want to buy one for themselves. In some cases, a painted figure is available. If you want a larger painted figure, with good detail and artistically painted, expect to pay a good sum of money. ($100+) You're buying a work of art, and paying for the artists talent, something that's taken them years to develop.

Check out the figures on pininterest.com, sometimes they have adverts for the sort of thing that you’re looking for.
I think this is for sale for a reasonable price.
View attachment 381511
Believe it or not, that's a stock photo of the same Sideshow Brotherhood at Arms figure of Jackson I have in my small collection of them. I bought it back in the mid-2000's and thought I was lucky to find a mint, still in-the-box example for the original list price of $49.95 in a gift shop in Corinth, MS during one of our Shiloh reenactments.

DSC01783.JPG

Back