I picked up these cavalry figures last week.

major bill

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
Last week in Gettysburg I purchased these cavalry figures. They are not half bad.
figures.jpg

Their weapons and the horse equipment (does the man even have a saddle?) could be a bit more realistic Still I think I can find space for them on my book shelves.

Pete Longstreet

2nd Lieutenant
Forum Host
Silver Patron
Last week in Gettysburg I purchased these cavalry figures. They are not half bad.
View attachment 403208

Their weapons and the horse equipment (does the man even have a saddle?) could be a bit more realistic Still I think I can find space for them on my book shelves.
They look to be in decent shape. Any idea how old they are?

major bill

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
They were not used but new at a store. I have a few other Civil War figurines about this size but none are cavalry. I do think the uniforms are fair if not total accurate. I think they would look nice sitting on the front of book shelves with books about cavalry on the back of the shelves behind the figurines.

7thWisconsin

Sergeant Major
Those are very pretty. I think, from their size, they´re more intended as decorations than ¨scale military miniatures.¨ They would look great on any bookshelf!

Kurt G

Sergeant Major
Those look cool @major bill

On a related note, I’d like to purchase some high quality CW figurines, artillery, and the like for my son’s birthday. Can anyone recommend a reputable online vendor?
Sierra Toy Soldier has 1/32 scale Britain's Civil War infantry and artillery . Britain's are nicely done if you are looking for that scale . They are also carried by the Hobby Bunker.

Cavalier

First Sergeant
@Cycom I got several high quality 54mm Civil War figures from The Gettysburg Toy Soldier over the last few years. Not cheap but beautiful, in my opinion. A mounted Lee, Stuart and Custer and on foot General Hancock.

John

major bill

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
I go to the Michigan Toy Soldier Shop in Detroit off and on. Sometimes they have a few figures on sale but most are a bit on the pricey side for me.

View attachment 403208

Thanks for sharing these. I agree with you, they would make a decent backdrop on a bookshelf.