I need a little tech help with uploading photos.

PBRegiment

Private
I have 180 + photos on my phone from the Sharpsburg/Antietam Muster, but they won't upload. I keep getting a notice that the "File is too large ". My phone settings are set to capture ultra high definition photos and videos. Consequently, most of the photos are in the neighborhood of 5 mb each. Gotta make the files smaller ya say?? Welp,....even after running them through Photoshop and reducing them to less than 1 mb, I keep getting the same message. They are currently in the .jpg format. Is there any other format that would be better to convert them to, or does anyone have any other ideas about what I can do?? I want to regale everyone with my photographic skills (HA!) and post my photos from the Muster, as well as enter the Photo Of The Month contests. Thank you in advance!

JPG should be fine... Photos can be as large as 15 MB, that's not really the problem.

Do you know what the image dimensions are? That's usually the hang-up for the forum for image processing....

I do know that if you are trying to load iOS "Live" or google "motion" images, those will fail, but normal JPG files should work fine.

Have you tried to load them all at once? I don't think you can put 180 in a single post, I think the most per post is 60.

Vote Here:
I was doing some searching, and I just found a configuration setting in the server which may fix this problem, looks like this is a DSLR resolution issue, and it won't allow compression. This adjustment tells the server to ignore the setting in the image file...

I'll have to set it when I get home tonight and you can test to see if you can post those photos!

Vote Here:
JPG should be fine... Photos can be as large as 15 MB, that's not really the problem.

Do you know what the image dimensions are? That's usually the hang-up for the forum for image processing....

I do know that if you are trying to load iOS "Live" or google "motion" images, those will fail, but normal JPG files should work fine.

Have you tried to load them all at once? I don't think you can put 180 in a single post, I think the most per post is 60.
Thank you!
No, but @Gettmore mentioned a longest side size in another thread, so I'll have to figure out what they are, and reduce them accordingly. As for the other definition of size, the largest one of the 2 that I was working with was 5mb, unedited.
And no, I wasn't going to try to upload 180 at one time. That's just how many I took this past weekend. Many of them will be culled during the editing process. Typically I'll take a dozen or so just to get 2 or 3 that I want.
As for videos, I'm presuming that iOS refers to an iPhone, but I'm using an Android platform. I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not. However, I do have a video from 2 weeks ago that I shot during a live-fire artillery competition. I would like to share it, if it will upload. If it won't, then I can create still shots from it and share those. Thank you again for your help!

Vote Here:
I made that change this morning, was a little more complicated than I thought, but assuming it will fix the problem, it’s installed now.

Test your photos again and let me know.

Vote Here:
Many people use the *Live* feature that shoots a burst of images so you can pick the bedt one. When you download those, they are not JPEG. They are also a memory guzzler. That is why I dont use LIVE.

You can edit the series and select 1 image and delete the others.

Vote Here:
Back