I am sooooo happy!

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW:REGISTER HERE!

ami

Major General
Super Moderator
**edit** super old post I bumped. scroll down :D

I just came home from the best doc appointment ever!

I was so upset the Mike wouldn't be there, but then I pulled into the parking lot, and walked up to the car, I was happy he was there..

so, then we go in, I pee in a cup, ya know the usual, bp was good 100/79 only gained 1 pound :thumbsup:

waiting for the doc, asks me if I have any questions concerns etc, didn;t really, but got a new rx for cheaper prenatal vit...

he says we are going to do an abdominal scan to see baby and hear heartbeat.

the baby popped right up on the screen! it took a second to see the heartbeat, longest second of my life, but then he spotted it, and pulled up the sound, it was incredible to see my baby and be listening to it's heartbeat.

I think is was just a fluke, but the doc kept calling baby "she" probably to not refer to it as "it".

Anyway, the baby was squirming all over the place and he said in a few more weeks I should be starting to feel it. I can't believe how much bigger the baby looked this time, you can deffinatly tell different body parts, head feet etc, it was just incredible!

So the heart beat was 148 bpm and he said everything looks great!

I am so happy!

Last edited:

Wild_Rose

Cadet
Congratulations, Ami. I know this is such an exciting time for you and Mike. As a mom of three, I know something of what you are feeling right now and words can't describe it. I'm very happy for you.

Best wishes,
Rose

gary

Captain
Congratulations again to the First Family of Civil War Talk.

william42

First Sergeant
Nice post Ami. Never had any kids myself. Didn't want them turning out like me! Always wanted a daughter, truth be told. Maybe next life eh? I'm so glad you guys are finally able to experience this. You've waited a long time.

Terry

Fifth Iowa

Private
Congrats

These are wonderful days. Might I encourage you to record some of your thoughts in a journal to share with your daughter or son in the future? I assume you're already taking some good photos to remember these days... not to mention the number of pictures you'll be taking when the baby is born!

aggie80

Corporal
Glad things are progressing normally! A new life is always exciting!

We went in for the first ultra-sound. The Technician said, "Dad, sit here, I'll come to get you in about half an hour and you can see the baby." I was so oblivious that I didn't realize that she came to see me an HOUR later. And then proceeded to show me TWO babies. I was unable to drive home.

(They just turned 15.)

blue_zouave

Sergeant
Hearty congratulations and best wishes!

Ah, it seems like only yesterday that the Zou-lets were in utero... the images today are so much clearer than two decades ago, when one might see little skeletal things if lucky. They were rather easier to handle then than now, when they are asserting their teendom with such vigor, sporting black garb and chains and silky mustachios. :D

Zou

ami

Major General
Super Moderator
We are just 11 days away from our first little blobs 13th birthday. I was trying to find my announcement, but this will do.

It is kind of crazy that CWT has been here for the biggest and brightest times in our life. this year has been filled with turmoil, and hatefulness, and people who are hell bent on breaking us. But you know know what? They may try and try and try, but CWT has been with us from the day we said "I do" to when we brought our first puppies home. It has been here through hormone changes, and morning sickness, 3 moves, 3 babies, 2 miscarriages, 1 auto-immune disease, car problems, money problems, upgrades, forum changes, staff changes, membership changes, friends have come and gone, some have moved on gracefully, others with as much grace as a dumptruck. New Friends, old friends, old enemies, trivia, trivia, trivia.

My Entire adult life has been poured into this forum you won't break me! Haters be hatin'
Image1.jpg

but the point of my post was Wow! Adam is nearly 13 years old, and holy crud I'm almost 41. CWT has been here with me since the beginning.

Steph-GB

Sergeant
its always crazy when looking back over time.. I thought it was crazy my eldest is 10 this year.. dreading the coming up to teenage years ha!! I love looking back over a period of time and realising how many changes have happened, whether they be good, bad, scary etc.. and see how far we have all come along also! amazing to look back through the time of having our babies to who they are now! enjoy it all !!

ami

Major General
Super Moderator
its always crazy when looking back over time.. I thought it was crazy my eldest is 10 this year.. dreading the coming up to teenage years ha!! I love looking back over a period of time and realising how many changes have happened, whether they be good, bad, scary etc.. and see how far we have all come along also! amazing to look back through the time of having our babies to who they are now! enjoy it all !!
The teenageryness leaves something to be desired... I’m in awe of my mother who managed to not murder me or my brother!

It’s been an adventure.

As an aside I’m also proud to say that my haters meme made it on to a certain former members radar. And all I have to say is; good. Glad to see you know it was directed at you! :wink: