I am in Shock

Don't despair Karen, Ancestory.com could be wrong!

Years ago I submitted my genealogy to that website. It wasn't long before others were taking my ancestors (and my years of work) and putting them into their family trees even if there wasn't a fit. I even went so far as to email some of these people to inform them of their error but it did no good. I have always documented my work and where my information came from, not only to credit those sources, but to correct errors/changes if they should come up. No one on that site, including the host (Ancestory.com), cares about accuracy or verifying the sources; it's all about filling the branches in your family tree at $20 a month.
Exactly why I won't post any of my genealogy research on any of the on line web sites. Some unknowing person sees a name in the time frame they want and you are instantly a part of their family. They never bother to try and varify the connection. First generation American so no relatives in the Civil War for me that I know of to date. All across the very large Pond.

Back