Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

Basil Fluber

Cadet
Greetings all. I have been studying the War for nearly 70 years, and still have more to learn, so I look forward to doing just that from this very knowledgeable group. Interests: early photography, personal accounts, the Sibley Campaign 1862, Sterling Price's Campaign in SW Missouri, and researching my great grandfather Pvt. William W. "Roving Bill" Aspinwall, Co. H, 47th Indiana, wounded Champion Hill 1863, Pvt. Hezekiah Purl captured Second Newtonia, died Rock Island Prison 1865. I am vehemently opposed to destroying American History by removing monuments due to being "offended." Look forward to exploring everything CWT has to offer. Cheers!

Basil Fluber

Cadet
@Basil Fluber, Aspinwall made the merchant trade significantly richer. I would claim him even if he wasn't!
Welcome from Tennessee,
Lubliner.
Yes. He worked in the "woollen industry," was married to several women at the same time (one was my great grandmother -- her family kicked him out), and became fairly well known as a "knight of the road" (hobo) after the War. Quite the character. Explains a lot about my own lfestyle! :bounce:

NH Civil War Gal

2nd Lieutenant
Forum Host
Yes. He worked in the "woollen industry," was married to several women at the same time (one was my great grandmother -- her family kicked him out), and became fairly well known as a "knight of the road" (hobo) after the War. Quite the character. Explains a lot about my own lfestyle! :bounce:
They have DNA tests for this sort of thing now!