Howdy.

Stumbled upon this page in search of information about Admiral / General Raphael Semmes.

I have no family ties to the Civil War as I live in Norway - Europe, with no blood relations to the USA.

However as an avid fan of Cowboy Action Shooting, and getting started with this sport I had to find an "alias", and preferably a character that was not too familiar among most people. And here, "General Raphael Semmes" fits perfectly. As most Civil War buffs concentrate on the battles that took place on the continental USA the "Admiral" part of Raphael Semmes is not a centerpiece of conversation among those interested in this war. And as his career as "General" Semmes was very short indeed, he seems to be exiled to a "life" in the shadows. Combined with the fact that he seems to have been a decent man, a true southern gentleman so to speak, I feel very content, even proud, to use this gentleman's name as my alias.

This on line forum, Civil War Talk, seems to be extremely extensive with an abundance of information. And this gives me hopes of acquiring new, and for me, unknown information on this gentleman Admiral / General R. Semmes.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)

Cavalry Charger

Captain
Forum Host
Silver Patron
Welcome, and I'm sure you will find new information on the gentleman you have chosen to use as your alias.

WJC

Brigadier General
Stumbled upon this page in search of information about Admiral / General Raphael Semmes.

I have no family ties to the Civil War as I live in Norway - Europe, with no blood relations to the USA.

However as an avid fan of Cowboy Action Shooting, and getting started with this sport I had to find an "alias", and preferably a character that was not too familiar among most people. And here, "General Raphael Semmes" fits perfectly. As most Civil War buffs concentrate on the battles that took place on the continental USA the "Admiral" part of Raphael Semmes is not a centerpiece of conversation among those interested in this war. And as his career as "General" Semmes was very short indeed, he seems to be exiled to a "life" in the shadows. Combined with the fact that he seems to have been a decent man, a true southern gentleman so to speak, I feel very content, even proud, to use this gentleman's name as my alias.

This on line forum, Civil War Talk, seems to be extremely extensive with an abundance of information. And this gives me hopes of acquiring new, and for me, unknown information on this gentleman Admiral / General R. Semmes.
Welcome! I am certain that you will find many areas of interest here. Be sure to join the conversation: new perspectives are always appreciated!

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)