1. Welcome to the CivilWarTalk, a forum for questions and discussions about the American Civil War! Become a member today for full access to all of our resources, it's fast, simple, and absolutely free!
Dismiss Notice
Join and Become a Patron at CivilWarTalk!
Support this site with a monthly or yearly subscription! Active Patrons get to browse the site Ad free!
START BY JOINING NOW!

How was the morality of slavery tolerable? What was in the mind of slave holders?

Discussion in 'Civil War History - General Discussion' started by Tennessee_Mountainman, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Dedej

Dedej Private

I apologize if you felt that I stereotyped you in any way. Just thought of my own parents (who happen to be from Alabama) and how they relate to things and conversations. It wasn't meant to be out of line or make you feel like I was looking down or being rude. That is not who I am as a person.

Also, I don't and/or did not assume your ancestors owned or participated in slavery. I said that my comment was not meant as any disrespect for "those whose ancestors" participated -- not specifying anyone in particular. I always preface that because I never know - and want to be respectful at all times -- especially to one's ancestors.

I only said Alabama - due to your location on your profile. I was born and raised in Michigan and I live in Atlanta. But, my parents are natives of Alabama. I still stand by my statement on being honest and truthful on what slavery was and was based off of. I also respect your response and opinion.

Thanks for your comment. Best to you :smile:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017

2. (Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)
  3. highplainsdrifter59

highplainsdrifter59 Private

No offense taken.
    Alabama has enough to squabble about between Alabama vs Auburn...geeeessssh!
    But..I am a native Georgian, Atlanta is my birth place, I hope you enjoy a now very versatile city.

4. Dedej

Dedej Private

Great! I am happy to hear that :smile: I was worried.

And yes, I love Atlanta. The city and the natives have been wonderful to me!

Thanks again :smile:

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)