How to find your Civil War heritage

I found this name on another family tree that contains 74,000 names. The names shown above are the same. Henry Legg married Ida Brown and his father is John Legg and grandfather is William Legg.
Henry Clay Legg is a name in an old photo album we had. The pictures are gone but the ink stayed behind on some pages.
thanks for guiding me along!

I'm looking to join the Sons of Confederate Veterens which if anyone is in it i have some questions but I went to www.findagrave.com and put in the search one of my most recently deceased relatives and it shows their siblings and parents and they lead to their spouses and children and that's how I found the Confederate soldier I needed just browsing through distant family through my known kin and then tracing the veteran back to me or an older relative like my great grandmother.
I am with everyone on here , contact your nearest camp or go to the SCV website and there is a link in there where you can receive genealogy assistance, that is wherei got started when I joined the SCV. Your local camp however will be more than willing to help you out as well .
Also find a Camp nearest you,find out when they meet an attend a meeting, get to know the members of that camp.

Back