How the South Finally Won the Civil War

unionblue

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Member of the Year
Friends,

Another site with a review of the book, How the South Finally Won the Civil War And Controls the Political Future of the United States, by Charles Potts.

It seems Mr. Potts puts forth the series that Southern leadership took over the government after the war and continues to run it even to this day. The site is at:

http://www.thetemplebookstore.com/civil.html

This book seems to be the extreme Northern counter-part to the equally extreme Southern view held by the book, The South Was Right!, by the Kennedy Brothers, which I hold in very low esteem also.

Unionblue

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

johan_steele

Regimental Armorer
Neil I agree w/ you completely, I admit to wasting $10 for "The South Was Right" at a half price book. I rarely pitch books in the dustbin, but I did that one. Thanks for the review link.

unionblue

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Member of the Year
Shane,

I managed to read the South Was Right in the Library and did not have to feel the anger of wasting money on it. I pride myself on being able to read any material supporting any view of the War of the Rebellion, but this one just plain ticked me off.

This board and its members, in spite of many of us not even coming CLOSE to having the same point of view, will show you their research sources and conclusions based on fact instead of just making wild statements with nothing to back it up, as this book did.

Like you, I don't even have this book as a research reference nor have I ever thought of buying it for such use. It's an insult to those who believe in the Southern Cause as a just one and simply brings low that ideal.

YMOS,
Unionblue

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!